Scanner only reads ECM and TCM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wlpend

Car
CLK200 2005
A209 2005, recently purchased, bought a MB V2.0 scanner and connected it to car but it only reads ECM and TCM modules, the other modules come up with a connection error. There was one historic code in ECM, a P202B-008 code. The only problem I have with the car is the Parktronic system is not working, shows red on the parking sensors display and I was hoping the scanner would help me solve problem but can’t connect. Any help in why it is not connecting would be appreciate.

Well did you buy the V2 from a reputable dealer because there are clones abaout,your problem with your parking sensors,may well be one or more have stopped working,it does not take much for them to stop,are they dirty,have you had a bumper sprayed,if not then try listening to them,my hearing is not good enough to do this but my son spots which one has gone,for the back ones you will need the car running and in reverse,and the sensors that are working will give a ticking sound :)

I think the MB V2 is a good one, I connected it to my pc and updated the software to the latest version before I used it and I am in communication with iCarsoft at present to investigate issue.
I was wondering if there is a networking error on the car preventing it from communicating? Thought the scanner would point me in the right direction to sort out the issue! There is one sensor loose, pushed in about 5mm on the rear bumper, does the whole system go down when one sensor is faulty?

Front sensor fault paralyzes whole system, rear sensor only rear.

Serious CAN bus down error may prevent connecting several modules, but it would disbale many functions too. It s just not SDS system.

Thanks for your reply, my feeling was that there would be other things affected but the only one I know about is the parking sensors not working. I have just created the log file and sent them back to icarsoft, will see what they come up with.
Any pointers on how I would check out the parking sensors without the help of the scanner?

Well as I say first check each sensor,the car has to be running and then you can hear the working sensors ticking,the front ones you can do yourself as long as your hearing is good,the rears sensors the car will need to be in reverse,and I use my son to listen to them,as already posted the front ones if they fail will stop the rears working as well,if the a rear one has gone then the fronts should still work,on your first post you said nothing was working so it may well be a front sensor gone,you can buy a decent quality Bosch sensor on ebay they are not the cheapest but they do work,other than that MB dealers .

Thanks for your help, will check each one out tomorrow. When I drove the car earlier today the engine warning light came on, checked code with scanner, P2029-002, selfadaptation of mixture formation at lean stop: Tendency of engine towards “rich”, I googled it, could be a problem with O2 sensor in front of catalytic converter.

Just a follow up on the Parking sensors, tried to listen to them but no luck! Pulled out the wiring diagram from WIS and was going to unplug rear sensors to see if that caused a different error. When I looked in the boot behind the liner I found the rear sensor loom connector was unplugged, plugged it back in and all now working correctly, unbelievable, only had the car a few weeks and no idea why it was unplugged. Thanks for your input, Zipdip.

Just a follow up on the Parking sensors, tried to listen to them but no luck! Pulled out the wiring diagram from WIS and was going to unplug rear sensors to see if that caused a different error. When I looked in the boot behind the liner I found the rear sensor loom connector was unplugged, plugged it back in and all now working correctly, unbelievable, only had the car a few weeks and no idea why it was unplugged. Thanks for your input, Zipdip.
And did you manage to get the iCarsoft scanner to read all of the ECUs?

And did you manage to get the iCarsoft scanner to read all of the ECUs?
No, I simply scanned my car with another scanner at a garage and it couldn’t read them either.

Focusing on the fault that I picked up with the alternative scanner, P202B-008, CAN data from control module EIS, CAN signal interruption Drive authorization, I just Googled EIS and I now think this is the module to follow up, I had a new key made by a Locksmith and he removed the EIS to code the new key so it could be the new key or EIS damaged! Sometimes when I turn the key it doesn’t start, May be an authority issue with the key, will try the old key.

So 2 posts discussing the same problem...,
Sorry, I seem to be getting so many different issues which may be all relating to the same problem. My main concern is that I can’t scan the other modules and on trying to determine the cause I am following the codes that come up to see if they will lead to a fix.

Sorry, I seem to be getting so many different issues which may be all relating to the same problem. My main concern is that I can’t scan the other modules and on trying to determine the cause I am following the codes that come up to see if they will lead to a fix.
No need to apologise, just that it is better to stick to one post so that everyone can see the full context when trying to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom