Scary flight home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Old school nusre. :):)

Theater Sister actually, later a Matron then local baby Nurse.

Don't get me started on that - passengers flying with me who don't belt up get 'The Lecture'.:mad:

The other thing that gets me are the increasing numbers of people who undo their setabelts before the aircraft reaches the gate. More seem to be trying to get their bags before the aircraft is stopped and shutdown. Again - very few realise just how violently an airctaft can brake on the ground - even at low speed.

Do they think they can get off before the doors are opened?

Do they think they can get off before the doors are opened?

I'm not sure there's much thinking involved.

It's more like some primordial instinct that dates back to the Early Cambrian period. Trilobites used to rush to get off aircraft before they even landed - but in those days there was no passport control and the concept of baggage hadn't evolved. So they just jumped off as the aircraft hit the beach and sprinted for the water.

I'm the guy that just sits and waits, unless I've found myself in one of the front cabins and even then I'll just wait thanks, till economy starts making a noise.

I think the rush to unfasten seatbelts and stand up is exacibated by passengers worrying that they will not be able to get to their belongings in the overhead lockers, as it’s out of arms reach.

Connecting flights,
Check cell messages,
Need a fag,
Need a pee, ...

I once flew in the cockpit of a 757 where the captain thought it fun to slam on the brakes shortly before reaching the gate - he said 'there's no-one left standing up now, so we'll approach the gate nice and slow'. :)

Fortune favours the bold. Yes there's a risk, but the prize is being the first at passport control :thumb:
Sometimes it's better not to be first at passport control because being first at passport control often means being first at customs. If the customs have a 'soft' flight but need to fill a search quota it could just be your (un) lucky day.

Travel smart.

being first at passport control often means being first at customs.

Or ..... Fate callously uses this situation to intervene and make sure that your bag is last.

So being first at border control means having longest to wait at the carousel.

(And then customs decide that they will further spoil your day with an additional delay as yuop're selected as their last random customer off the flight - they probably watched you get to the passport desk first ......).

Or ..... Fate callously uses this situation to intervene and make sure that your bag is last.

So being first at border control means having longest to wait at the carousel.

(And then customs decide that they will further spoil your day with an additional delay as yuop're selected as their last random customer off the flight - they probably watched you get to the passport desk first ......).
Been there , got that T-shirt :pI often have to travel with 2 checked bags and (even when priority) one bag will be the first off and the second bag almost the last. No rhyme , no reason...sod's law

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom