scary speeding moment this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
Driving to work this morning, keeping with the flow of the traffic (~40 in a non-built up 30 - why it's 30 i'll never know), admittidely my mind was elsewhere. Looked in my mirror and there's a jam sandwich following Nooooooo :crazy:

My lovely clean license.

Then his lights come on and my hearts starts pounding. Anyway, he must've got a call to something as he then went off into the distance. Phew!!! :)

Invest in a Road Angel. (sorry Jimmy, stealing your thunder there) They can spot the dreaded fuzz.

Not if they are following behind you they can't though.

Originally posted by RichardM
Not if they are following behind you they can't though.

Theoretically yes it can, the laser detector works front and back. Thats why it is best to mount it in the center of the screen so it can 'see' in between the front seats. Unless you have a rear centre headrest like mine.

This will only work if the police car is actively targeting you with the laser, most police cars dont use laser, I think.:crazy:

Simonl,

If your speedo is showing 40, allowing for innaccuracy, that'll be about 35............

The bill allow 10% + 3mph (generally!) so there's nothing to worry about
:)

Hi Paul,

It wasn't a traffic car - just a basic police Astra, so I reckon I'm okay. Still gave me a fright though.

My mind was actually on the guy in front that had just pulled out of a junction right in front of me. I was looking to get past the bugger (wrong I know). Lucky I didn't!

As for lessons in mirror checking.......

A m8 of mine wasn't so lucky about a year ago. He was itching to get past a guy in front and driving at the standard BMW following distance :p The guy in front was giving a hand gesture that my m8 interpretted as an unfriendly message. He was in fact trying to point out that a traffic cop was following.

The guy let my m8 passed who then pelted along the dual carriageway at 90+ mph for about 3 miles. Mr. Policeman was so impressed he awarded him 3 points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom