School Boy error!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Blast! Last night I was in PC World and saw 2x 4GB Ram that would fit my laptop. I bought it and fitted it and all is well except that I've got a Windows 7 32 bit operating system that cant use over 4GB :( Anyone need 8GB of Ram PC World dont take back opened ram :(

I wish I had the bottle and know how but thats a bit complex for me . Thanks anyway.

Upgrade to a 64bit version - if you still have the key, it should be valid for both 32 and 64 bit versions.....

I would imagine the rescue media supplied, either on DVD or on the hard disk, would be 32bit.

You would need to source the 64bit media.

To be honest, unless you are running a lot of applications at once, 3GB should be fine.

Personally, I'd either take it back saying it isn't compatible, sell it or keep it if there is a slight chance you might upgrade to Windows 8 - as you could use the 64 bit version of that (retail 7 Home came with both discs - not sure about 8).

Blast! Last night I was in PC World and saw 2x 4GB Ram that would fit my laptop. I bought it and fitted it and all is well except that I've got a Windows 7 32 bit operating system that cant use over 4GB :( Anyone need 8GB of Ram PC World dont take back opened ram :(

What spec is it? I might be able to offer you beer tokens in exchange..

Cheers,

Gaz

Might be interested in this if you can post a link to the product or specs?

The two strips of ram are each 4gb and are ddr3 1066mhz for a laptop

Memory.

If you need to upgrade memory in PC or laptop I would recommend Crucial.co.uk. They scan your system and give you options to upgrade,and guarantee it will work or your money back. I have used them several times without any problems.

If you need to upgrade memory in PC or laptop I would recommend Crucial.co.uk. They scan your system and give you options to upgrade,and guarantee it will work or your money back. I have used them several times without any problems.

Cool story bro !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom