Schumacher... rock bottom advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I'll admit that Schumacher was an awesome F1 driver... yes he 'bent' the rules a bit, took Coulthard by the throat after a collision he didn't cause (good man :devil: )... BUT, his ads for the Fiat vans are REALLY something to be ashamed of! Lordy lord knows why, he certainly doesn't need the money.

I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory has failed me, but...

After Niki Lauda finished F1 racing, he did a few jobs as a "consultant" for Fiat, which included a season of the Fiat Uno Challenge in Italy. Payment was never discussed, but at the end of the season, Fiat asked Lauda what they could offer him by way of thanks.

Lauda asked for a Ferrari 288 GTO.

In itself, not unreasonable - in fact given the cost of making them, probably something of a bargain for the Italians, except that the 288GTO had already gone out of production.

So Ferrari made "one more" for Niki. Probably the most expensive 288 of the lot.

Now THAT shows some style, not ads for Ivecos

:cool:

Schumacher has consistently made crummy ads for various yuk processed foods and sweets. Like any pro I guess he smiles inwardly when he gets the cheque.
Heinz-Harald Frentzen drove a Post Office Package service van in a series of ads.
The other grinning Finn (ex Mercedes) does what I think is an insurance ad where he grins out of the window of a cartoon car.

Last edited:
I guess there's a difference between needing the money and wanting it ;)

terrible ad not made for UK but fiddled with so you can view it in the UK without FIAT having to spend anymore having one made properly.

You will find that as FIAT own Ferrari, they will have given him a huge amount of money so as he doesnt drive in F1 for another team, and the downside of that is having to take part in crummy ads. You have to remeber Renault wanted to shove him in their car for this and next year!

If you can be bothered to look, you will find he has done a lot of ads for useless FIATS and even had one version named after him.

My personnal fav schumi tat is the cushion with his face on it!!!!

Dear god that was terrible.

No doubt that will end up on Tarrant on TV in a few years

presumably its part of his ongoing contractual commitment rather than a desire to make a few extra quid.
and.......the germans probably think the ad is really cool and funny.
those germans really know how to have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom