Schumaker signs with Mercedes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
booo......hisssss......and a big fat raspberry to his return.

Honda must be gutted to think that Mercedes have bought Honda on the cheap to buy their success.

Was Honda's choice though to throw in the towel---only for it to be picked up by the Germans---there's a deckchair joke in there somewhere I think?;)

Very shrewd move by Mercedes- Schumaker used to drive for them in the old days in the Group C sports cars series. Will rekindle huge interest in the Mercedes brand in Germany. People still pay good money to see Stirling Moss and John Surtees who are slightly past their prime now so many will come just to see the old "Regenmeister" in action again win or lose. Even if he is defeated by Hamilton or Button all he has to say is "Come back and see me when you have won another six World Championships!"
Here's a picture from his old Silver Arrows days with Team Sauber Mercedes. 1991 The other "juniors" are Fritz Kreutzpointer and Karl Wendlinger

Last edited:
Sorry folks but I now watch F1 for the spectacle that it is and cannot take it too serious. My reason is simple..... How can someone in almost complete obscurity come from the rear of the grid suddenly become world champion and someone else whom is world champion be languishing at the bottom for most of the season. Simple... technology. Why are the aerodynamasists and engineers not more recognised or celebrated as it is these folks that determine the eventual champion. The driver really only is required to keep it on the tarmac.

Put Schuey or Lewis in the Brawn last year and I feel the champ would not be Jenson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom