Scirocco!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swiss Toni

MB Enthusiast
Car
Pedestrian
Just saw one of these on the road...

2009-Volkswagen-Scirocco.jpg

Without the VW badge on the nose, the styling clues weren't that obvious.

But in black with some nice big alloys what a fantastic looker!!!:cool:

I saw a dark blue one a few days ago, if it wasn't for seeing Fifth Gear recently I'd probably not have known what it was :)

Cousin has one on order loaded with options...£28k!!:eek:

I can't really see the point of this Scirocco. It's just a chopped Golf, and could have been something more.

Marketing over substance again, I reckon.

PJ

had a few mk1 sciroccos inc a storm the new one is just a euro box looks like every other car with two doors .seen the new golf est today looks not bad

But in black with some nice big alloys what a fantastic looker!!!:cool:
How's this then? Mods include Jetta R-GT concept front bumper, sideskirts, wheel arches and badges, IROC concept headlamps, Audi RS4 style wheels and dark grey paintjob.

Attachments

• ScirrocoR-GTcomp.jpg
    ScirrocoR-GTcomp.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 253
It had to be done :)

Attachments

• sdScirocco.jpg
    sdScirocco.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 253
Looks like a 2 door Astra to me. Not clicked as to what the fuss is about yet.

the alpha brera does it better.

Still, never mind. some body will buy it and it won't let them down I should imagine. Can't see it being as popular as the last versions.

Looks like a 2 door Astra to me. Not clicked as to what the fuss is about yet.

Neither do I, the MKV gold did have a whiff of MPV about it, especially its relatively sloped bonnet and high roof. This looks more like a normal car, but like a 3dr BMW 1 series it isn't a coupe, just a hatch will silly doors that drop the window so you get in :rolleyes:. The MKVI golf looks nicer, as does Audi's A3.

the alpha brera does it better.

One of the ugliest cars on sale. Hideous side on and bulbous back end. Better with a new civic (and thats just asthetics).

This car doesn't do anything for me, though the DSG gearbox is in a class of its own.

I think I'd rather have a Volvo C30 T5, Honda Civic Type R or Saab 9-3 Aero.

This car doesn't do anything for me, though the DSG gearbox is in a class of its own.

I think I'd rather have a Volvo C30 T5, Honda Civic Type R or Saab 9-3 Aero.

That Volvo C30 is a lovely looking car, especially with the R design kit. Why couldn't they make it RWD, and it would be awesome. For a thread like this, no one has mentioned the CLC, surely a competitor for the Sirroco.

Mmm I was just looking through Parkers Guide trying to find competitors to the Scirocco and initially discounted the CLC as being too expensive. But having now actually looked at the spec I think you're right ***. The CLC does take a hit with it's mpg and CO2 rating sadly.

Compared with the rather heavy CLC, I suspect the VW's offering will be some way ahead as far as handling is concerned, provided you can adapt to FWD.

How many more cars can you get out of a Golf Mk5 platform?
If you want a tall one you can have a Tiguan, or medium tall, a Golf plus. With added 'lowth' you get a Scirocco or chop the top off to get an Eos.
Thats before you take and Audi, Seat or Skoda derivatives in to account!
The new Golf Mk 6 seems to be a continuation of this same platform with a host of upgrades mainly exterior panels and refinement.
I undestand that both mechanical and electronic platforms are expensive to develop but VW are begining to extract the Michael:D
I have to say it does look good on the road:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom