Scolling Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Hi,
Some help possibly required. When using the mouse wheel to scroll down the pages ont tinternet it is very jerky, on the computer its fine. I have tried different mice and the results are the same. I have tried the setting on the mouse software but no difference. Anyone any ideas?

I think this is more likely to be a memory/cache issue - not with the computer itself, but the actual browser program you are using. Does a different browser have the same issue?

I use Firefox, and see this on the odd occasion. But Firefox these days is very resourse-intensive, so that's why I think this happens.

Is it jerky when you manually drag the scroll bar on the right handside aswell?

That's very odd then as I would expect the same behaviour with the scrollbar as with the mouse wheel if you didn't have enough RAM or your Internet connection was too slow to load the pages quick enough - both of which I've seen cause this.

Given you've tried other mice, my thoughts at this stage would be:

Mouse driver might be corrupt? Go into DEVICE MANAGER and uninstall the mouse driver. If the mouse still works, click on each of the menus to find 'SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES' and let it reinstall it. If the mouse has stopped working, then use ALT + <FIRST LETTER OF EACH MENU ITEM> respectively until you find this option - then use arrows to highlight and enter to select. Worse-case, ALT + F4 and reboot! In Windows 7 and Vista, it will be ALT + A twice.

Then see what happens.

Is it a corded or cordless mouse?

Has it ever worked properly and suddenly stopped working, or has it never worked properly?

It would appear to be another IE9 problem. On Firefox or Google Chrome its quite smooth. What appears to be happening is that one click on the wheel drops the page by the desired length, then it drops another 50% about half a second after. Guess I'll revert to Firefox

Now sorted in IE9, unchecked the smooth scrolling in internet options, ah bliss:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom