Scoop: New MacLaren Prototype

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearFace

Spotted this in Huddersfield the other day. I understand it's the rumoured new hypercar from McLaren (in this instance, a totally undisguised prototype) which will allegedly usurp the Bugatti Veyron in both the price and performance stakes. Although McLaren has remained tight-lipped about this project, Gordon Murray is said to have admitted that the design still needs some refinement, following suggestions in the press that the car resembles a Ford Scorpio estate. Personally I think it has a certain something...

(Note: This shot was taken on my mobile, transferred to the PC and cropped for posting with the VRM cloned out. It's otherwise exactly as I saw it as I paid for my on-street parking just last week :))

DSC00172web.jpg

Last edited:
Loads more luggage capacity than the Veyron too. Expect it to be on sale April 1992.

wallingd said:
Loads more luggage capacity than the Veyron too.....
As the original F1 has only 3 seats and this has 5 AND a tow bar, Gordon Murray is clearing aiming at the 'growing family' sector of McLaren owners.

Having said that, the original 3 seater would suit us fine.

Mock ye not:

"About Nicholson McLaren:

Nicholson McLaren Engines was founded in 1972. Shortly after, they won the F1 World Championship in 1974 and 1976. Further successes followed through the 80s and 90s in F3000 and Group C2 Le Mans.

This success continues today in the Historic Thoroughbred Grand Prix F1 and C2 sports-car racing groups. But there’s more to Nicholson McLaren than motor sports; the company’s Alternative Fuel Department is one of the UK’s leaders in systems which convert petrol cars to run on LPG
. "

Off topic? Noo, this is motoring, General it is.

Satch said:
Mock ye not:

"About Nicholson McLaren:

Nicholson McLaren Engines was founded in 1972. Shortly after, they won the F1 World Championship in 1974 and 1976. Further successes followed through the 80s and 90s in F3000 and Group C2 Le Mans.

This success continues today in the Historic Thoroughbred Grand Prix F1 and C2 sports-car racing groups. But there’s more to Nicholson McLaren than motor sports; the company’s Alternative Fuel Department is one of the UK’s leaders in systems which convert petrol cars to run on LPG
. "

Spoilsport. I nearly had 'em there....... ;)

BearFace said:
Spoilsport. I nearly had 'em there....... ;)

In a way you did have us! I never knew they had a bi-fuel project, just thought it was a poor choice of "go faster" acessories for his car.

anarchy-inc said:
In a way you did have us! I never knew they had a bi-fuel project, just thought it was a poor choice of "go faster" acessories for his car.

Not the roof rails, surely? I thought roof rails actually improved airflow and stability at extreme speeds..? :)

Yes but they affect the centre of gravity and make the car heavier, surely counteracting the aerodynamic benefits ( :crazy: ).

On a serious note I have to say the badging does look genuine, which it clearily is.

wallingd said:
Yes but they affect the centre of gravity and make the car heavier, surely counteracting the aerodynamic benefits ( :crazy: ).

On a serious note I have to say the badging does look genuine, which it clearily is.

The badging is definitely for real, it's just that on an old-ish Scorpio estate it looks kinda...................wrong :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom