Scorpion alarms archive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
I posted this link on another forum in reponse to a member's question. This is a link to a series of user's manuals and installation instructions for Scorpion alarms fitted to older Mercedes models. Most of these alarms were fitted by the supplying MB dealer so the installations varied according to the preference of the Tech who was fitting it at the time. That said the electrical principles/circuitry would be essentially the same. As these sites don't always stay around for ever, if you have one of these alarms I suggest you open and copy the relevant manual/instructions to your hard disc while you can. :thumb:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050307091218/http://www.scorpionalarms.com/downloads.asp

logoscorpion.png

Is there any way to determine which one of these was fitted to a particular car? Reg? VIN?

Is there any way to determine which one of these was fitted to a particular car? Reg? VIN?
Probably only by the documentation supplied with the car-if that exists. In the end the only sure way is to examine the labelling of the alarm "control box" itself. Because they were a "dealer fit " at delivery option they did not form part of the car's factory vin data. :dk:

The ones I have had have had the model numbers on the alarm, such as 902, 915 etc,

The Red siren, first picture, has no batteries inside and was paired with a 918. (06918)
Some alarms like the 918, second picture, could have had a different and bigger siren fitted with internal batteries inside.

Dec

attachment.php

attachment.php

All of the above is very useful advice and can be used as a guide. Don't however be surprised if the setup in any particular car is slightly different from another. Because each installation is essentially a "one off" there can be detailed differences as to where exactly the alarm is located and where it breaks into the vehicle's standard wiring. Any further comments /experiences of these early alarm systems is most welcome - more anecdotal evidence helps to build up the picture - photographs are especially welcome.:thumb:

Hi guys
Apologies for the thread resurrection.
Did anyone here happen to download any of these alarm pdf's?
They are all dead now unfortunately.
I am pretty sure I did at some point but I now cant find them
Looking for the one with the battery back up and key switch on the siren
Long shot but can anyone help?
Cheers

I might have ...
One is a very low resolution though. No idea why I didn't delete these right away.

Attachments

• Scorpion MBss2 Alarm Information.PDF
    537.3 KB · Views: 20
  • MBSS2B alarm system.PDF
    645.8 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately not the system I am looking for.
But thank you for taking the time to post much appreciated.

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom