Scorpion OEM alarm - replacement touch keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
When I enquired about this at my local dealer (Edgware Rd), I spent about 45 mins convincing them that my alarm was fitted by MBUK - they didn't beleive me and thought it was an aftermarket job. They were not able to provide any assistance on the subject at all. Anyway, with that in mind I thought this might be useful info........

When I bought my '96 SL the previous owner didn't have the alarm touch keys - there are usually 2, a red (master) and black (spare).
For those of you in the same position I have just contacted Scorpion (who supplied the OEM alarms to MBUK) who are based in Manchester.
A helpful guy told me that to get a replacement red key, the alarm module has to be removed from the car and sent up to them to be rechipped (2 day turnaround).
The cost is £75 plus £5 for the new key, plus VAT.
That is on top of the cost of getting the module removed from the car and then re-installed.
By the way, when the module is removed, the car won't work. So basically you would be car-less for a week at least.......

unfortunatly its true the scorpion alarm is an extra and not fitted as standard, as for remove well 2 bolts and a clip in connector but i must say the cost was very cheap for the reprogram but depends what it cost you overall

Mine also has a scorpion alarm fitted and the stickers in the windows say, "scorpion alarm systems, for Mecedes Benz." So they were defo fitted to the cars when new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom