Scotch egg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Is a Scotch egg a 'substantial' meal...it might be if it were an Ostrich egg perhaps, but that is not why I started this.

It reminded me of a Black pudding scotch egg with a runny yolk starter that I had in a restaurant once. I ordered it purely out of curiosity and it was very nice. I now see all sorts of scotch eggs are available it countless flavours from various deli's around the country, I even hear of a vegan one...how is that even possible 🤔 ?

It reminded me of a Black pudding scotch egg with a runny yolk starter that I had in a restaurant once. I ordered it purely out of curiosity and it was very nice. I now see all sorts of scotch eggs are available it countless flavours from various deli's around the country, I even hear of a vegan one...how is that even possible 🤔 ?
Sounds like cultural misappropriation to me.

I had an excellent scotch egg a few years ago at an Indian Restaurant near the British Motor Museum at Gaydon.

The meat was spiced similar to sheek/shami kebab spices, and moulded round the egg in the traditional manner.

It was just a starter - but definitely memorable.

The best thing about a Scotch Egg is it’s cockney rhyming slang for leg.

I don’t trust them, there’s something sinister about that egg hiding away like that.

Definitely a substantial meal. Even those little ones you can buy from supermarkets soon fill you up!

Blackwatch. Mmmmm.
Got me going now, I’ll have to go and get a couple. 😋😋😋

I'm annoyed at only a 5 day break. My 50th (along with all other) birthday is Dec 30th!

The only scotch eggs I have had had been hard boiled in the centre.

And why are they called scotch eggs?

Never mind the scotch egg WTF is a tiny gherkin (any gherkin) doing on the top of a pizza !!!! The world, truly has gone mad.

I’ve never had one, but perhaps in view of its name a tasty scotch egg would be wrapped in haggis? Now there’s a thought for something to make for New Years Eve 🤔

I’ve never had one, but perhaps in view of its name a tasty scotch egg would be wrapped in haggis? Now there’s a thought for something to make for New Years Eve 🤔
I think a further improvement could be a small orb of haggis wrapped in sausage meat? That way you remove the lurking egg aspect completely!

Good scotch egg stand on Borough Market (or at least there was last time I was in London)

36CE0826-7F83-40FD-AAC3-D61046A217F3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom