Scotland reversers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Just back from a half term trip to Scotland where I had a great time inspite of being reversed into twice in a week.

The first time i was visiting my favourite Valeters before taking the car to visit our friends. I parked in the "Drying bay" as a gypsy guy had abandoned his transit van in the "washing bay". The valeter shouted for the van driver and he ran to the van jumped in and reversed straight towards the front of my car. I was parked but I managed to get the parking brake released so I'd roll back when he hit me.

His tow hook hit the bumper and the car rolled back a little bit. I got out and went to see the damage. To my great surprise it hadnt cracked my bumper but had scuffed a golf ball size mark on the paint.

The gypsy said "thats not too bad it'll just polish out" so I said good lets see shall we, seeing as we are at a valeters. I got him to pay for a wash, t cut (bumper only), wax, wheel clean, windows inside and out. He was right it did polish out. :bannana:

The second time I was in Perth and was coming back to my car only to see a people van (carrier) reverse into the front of my car. I ran across the road and stopped the car that was trying to drive off(!) and checked the car again. Fortunately the cars hit number plate to number plate and again there was no damage.

I guess I was pretty fortunate to get away with it twice in a week!

Lucky (I think?) on both occassions. I am suprised both people stopped too.

R2D2 said:
Fortunately the cars hit number plate to number plate and again there was no damage.

;) Nice to hear a 'happy' ending. Sounds like in your second incident 'both vehicles were simply 'trying' to exchange registration numbers!! :rolleyes:

Your lucky the 'ethnic minority' person did not become aggressive. Well done in getting 'it' polished out.

John

Indeed. I witnessed a chap attempting a 3 point turn outside my parents house. Empty cul-de-sac.

Managed to mount kerb, cross pavement and knock down our brick wall.

I ran outside, banged on drivers glass of car as I could see driver trying to get back into 1st gear, but he just drove off!!

He had no intention of stopping at all.

I go the full registration. Police failed to pursue satisfactorily.

R2D2 said:

Very lucky mate :) The incompetence of some drivers on the roads is shocking. It only ever seems to happen to cars that are cherished. I seem to get 'car park dents' on all the cars that I care about. I once had a VW Polo runabout that I used to park wherever I wanted and it never ever got touched.

R2D2 said:
Just back from a half term trip to Scotland where I had a great time inspite of being reversed into twice in a week.

The first time i was visiting my favourite Valeters before taking the car to visit our friends. I parked in the "Drying bay" as a gypsy guy had abandoned his transit van in the "washing bay". The valeter shouted for the van driver and he ran to the van jumped in and reversed straight towards the front of my car. I was parked but I managed to get the parking brake released so I'd roll back when he hit me.

His tow hook hit the bumper and the car rolled back a little bit. I got out and went to see the damage. To my great surprise it hadnt cracked my bumper but had scuffed a golf ball size mark on the paint.

The gypsy said "thats not too bad it'll just polish out" so I said good lets see shall we, seeing as we are at a valeters. I got him to pay for a wash, t cut (bumper only), wax, wheel clean, windows inside and out. He was right it did polish out. :bannana:

The second time I was in Perth and was coming back to my car only to see a people van (carrier) reverse into the front of my car. I ran across the road and stopped the car that was trying to drive off(!) and checked the car again. Fortunately the cars hit number plate to number plate and again there was no damage.

Take the England badges and stickers off next time!! :p

lol - an eventful trip then :D

R2D2 said:

Glad everything worked out ok.
Have you thought about doing the lotto this coming week and could you share some numbers with us :D

GrahamC230K said:

You could try DVLA now and pay your £2.50 odd and get his address :devil:

thanks for your kind words. Apart from the two bumps I had a brilliant time seeing friends, eating, eating, driving, sleeping!

I did 1300 miles and averaged 29.2mpg which for me is brilliant.

GrahamC230K said:

Grrrrrr :mad: Under English law, the driver is a scally wag. If you are involved in a non-injury accident on a public highway you must exchange details with the other party, or report to the nearest Police Station???

You would have thought that Scots law would be similar, of course there must be damage and the other party 'must' know they have actually been involved in an accident??

Hopefully your car is not damaged?

Good luck,
John

Ah St Johnstoun the city of my birth. Full of honest burghers too. (Perth Scotland not Australia as most foreigners think)

Tinkers then but no one seems to have rear view mirrors!

Tinkers/Tonals

Mirrors lost
a. Not on transit when aquired.
b. Lost while using very narrow vennel.
c. Washing line failure.
d. Accessory.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom