Scotland route 500 sat nav advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Cabriomat, to clarify are you saying skip the grey bit and detour via your blue bit or do both?

After zooming in your right theres hardly any roads so even following a map looks pretty straightforward :)
Say that again in horizontal rain and near zero visibility buddy ;)

I suggest Googling "NC500 map" you will find lots to read & may decide to download or buy a map or two.

NJSS

Say that again in horizontal rain and near zero visibility buddy ;)
I've been keeping a close eye on the weather, touch wood no rain on the days we're doing the driving but I am half expecting it to change last min.

The only day its raining is the day we're on the steam train having afternoon tea, but I dont mind it then :)

Just be aware that there are a lot of things closed due to C19 , Smoo caves / Golden Eagle Zip line etc. Things that are still open will need to be pre-booked castles / restaurants / pubs etc.

K

I've been keeping a close eye on the weather, touch wood no rain on the days we're doing the driving but I am half expecting it to change last min.

The only day its raining is the day we're on the steam train having afternoon tea, but I dont mind it then :)
Enjoy , it’s some stunning countryside regardless of the weather

Scotland isn’t Scotland without rain. As odd as it might sound I found the scenery looked even more stunning when it did rain.

Enjoy it @derektrotter, did it a couple of years ago albeit on 2 wheels (and an engine ;)) Hopefully the weather will be on your side, scenery is utterly breathtaking!

Its best to do it on bike or convertible, you need to look upwards wen doing the Applecrossand other areas, having a roof you will only see half as much.
I did it on a bike(a few bits few times) an also parts in my old sl63....its not much fun in a car to be honest.

Reactions: Ted
Just be aware that there are a lot of things closed due to C19 , Smoo caves / Golden Eagle Zip line etc. Things that are still open will need to be pre-booked castles / restaurants / pubs etc.

K
Zip line was open when we went past 3 weeks ago.

Zip line was open when we went past 3 weeks ago.

Definitely closed when we stopped off last week as it was on our to-do-list, just checked their website and it seems more weather than Covid related though.

Smoo caves , boat trips, are closed for the season.

K

post 39 onwards. I used it to plan routes for NC500. There were limitations as it asked me to do a u turn at every point I had dragged the google route to suit my requirements. There was also a road across the mountain to Applecross not recognised by COMAND so car thought it was off-road.
Have used a later version of the software since to plan a grand tour of Italy and not found it as good.
That road takes you out at kishorn from applecross, they built the ninian central concrete platform in the bay there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom