Scotland trip again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
On the way to Scotland again. Stunning mpg from a 3.5 :)
ForumRunner_20150516_075433.jpg

I'll say that's good.
I got around 33mpg coming back from Scotland in my 1.8 the other day.
And that is coming downwards.

Where to this time? Hope you enjoy the trip.

Penrith yesterday and Fife today. This time we aren't sight seeing but visiting a family member in hospital. Kent is a long way to just pop in to see them.

I'll say that's good.
I got around 33mpg coming back from Scotland in my 1.8 the other day.
And that is coming downwards.

I know, this c350 cgi M276 is doing better on fuel than my last m272 and my c180 k m271. Amazing.

Penrith yesterday and Fife today. This time we aren't sight seeing but visiting a family member in hospital. Kent is a long way to just pop in to see them.
We were staying at North Berwick last week, looking across the Firth of Forth to Fife (unintended alliteration!) in the distance and thinking that we might arrange a short break over there some time. Sorry to hear that you are making the journey for a hospital visit. I hope your relative is up and about again soon.

you do know Penrith is not in Scotland?

Thats decent MPG.....assuming thats a 3.5 Petrol?

I do Teeside to Carnoustie every Friday up the A1 / M90 and normally get around 43-44mpg (on the screen anyway) from my E350 CDi.

wondering the same...I get c55-60mpg on my Scottish returns...(further North even more)

Yes I realise that Penrith is in England. My C350 is a v6 petrol hence 40mpg is good.

Yes I realise that Penrith is in England. My C350 is a v6 petrol hence 40mpg is good.

40 mpg is stunning for a petrol indeed...sorry about the Penrith thing, just my warped sense of humour!

I don't get near that in my SLK, 37 is the best i've had on a long M/Way run, normally am bimbling about at 33 ish

Well back from another Scotland trip! 37.7mpg over all and some great driving opportunities midst the visits to hospital.

Just got back from Mull of Kintyre. Can't match your mpg but can certainly beat the average speed. I averaged out at around 165 mph.
(Piper PA 32 Cherokee 6 ) The views were good from 6,000 feet as well.

So relieved to see that your average of 165mph was achieved in a Piper- it's usually an AMG on here! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom