Scottish Meet 4th Jan 09 in Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

There is a Offical Mercedes-Club informal pub meet being held at:

Edinburgh Marriot Hotel in Edinburgh, Sunday 4th January 09 at 2pm.

Non-official club members are very welcome, so i thought i'd post up on here.

Hopefully a few members from the official club will be there, but please put names on a list if you fancy coming along:

(1) SilverSaloon

Hi

There is a Offical Mercedes-Club informal pub meet being held at:

Non-official club members are very welcome, so i thought i'd post up on here.

Hopefully a few members from the official club will be there, but please put names on a list if you fancy coming along:

(1) SilverSaloon

You may also want to know that the meetings are held every month.
Jan/Mar/May etc in Edinburgh & Feb/Apr/June etc in Glasgow at the Garfield House Hotel in Stepps.

Russ

You may also want to know that the meetings are held every month.
Jan/Mar/May etc in Edinburgh & Feb/Apr/June etc in Glasgow at the Garfield House Hotel in Stepps.

Russ

yeah i know. They have been a very poor turnout so far, with only a couple of members attending and the last one the member who organised it was the only person who turned up, so we are trying to up the numbers. I know there are several on here who are interested in a meet. The 4th Jan is going to be the last "official" one for a while due to this and they hope to start it back up again may time. Some members over there are coming to the meet organised here on the 26th aswell.

Decembers Gazette states the meetings are on the first Sunday of each month, alternating between Edinburgh & Glasgow. No mention of January being the last one & possibly starting up again in May?

Russ

Decembers Gazette states the meetings are on the first Sunday of each month, alternating between Edinburgh & Glasgow. No mention of January being the last one & possibly starting up again in May?

Russ

Its been recently decided on the forum and i believe there will be an announcement in the feb issue. If you go to the forum and go to the pub meet section, there is a thread about it. I think the last straw was no one turning up to the last one. :(

If it is that hard to get people to turn up, then combining all 3 forums to the same meets would make sense. It would be a shame if they were not held at all.

Russ

If it is that hard to get people to turn up, then combining all 3 forums to the same meets would make sense. It would be a shame if they were not held at all.

Russ

yes, thats what i suggested and reason for my posting. I posted the date on "the other side" aswell.

Are you coming to 4th Jan or 24th?

I won't be here on the 4th & I'm on the standby rota for the 24th, so cannot make either. Sorry.

Russ

(1) Pontoneer
(2) SilverSaloon

(1) Pontoneer
(2) SilverSaloon
(3) *** all being well

(1) Pontoneer
(2) SilverSaloon
(3) *** all being well

Just a bump to see if anyone else is interested....

(1) Pontoneer
(2) SilverSaloon
(3) *** Definately

Just a bump to see if anyone else is interested....

Edited your post as I will not be working this sunday so will see you there.

Is it the hotel on Glasgow road so I can tell my trusty garmin where we are going.

If anyone fancies a free valet on Sunday, I will be at the lockups on Broomhall Road, 5 minutes from Edinburgh Marriot. Go past Edinburgh Marriot, turn right at the roundabout at McDonalds, straight on at the traffic lights at Tesco, take the next left onto Broomhall Road and follow it to the end. I will be there from 11am, accomponied by my mobile vehicle valeting van. I'll supply advice, knowledge and chemicals (car valeting type).....you supply the elbow grease. If not, see you at 2.

Last edited:
Edited your post as I will not be working this sunday so will see you there.

Is it the hotel on Glasgow road so I can tell my trusty garmin where we are going.

Yes. Hotel first on right close after traffic lights at Maybury heading into town. Very bad turning make sure nobody up your ar$e cos not much room for escape. Probably I'll be there.

If anyone fancies a free valet on Sunday, I will be at the lockups on Broomhall Road, 5 minutes from Edinburgh Marriot. Go past Edinburgh Marriot, turn right at the roundabout at McDonalds, straight on at the traffic lights at Tesco, take the next left onto Broomhall Road and follow it to the end. I will be there from 11am, accomponied by my mobile vehicle valeting van. I'll supply advice, knowledge and chemicals (car valeting type).....you supply the elbow grease. If not, see you at 2.

Like your avatar. I spat on that just this afternoon. :D :D

(1) Pontoneer
(2) SilverSaloon
(3) ***
(4) ecossebev
(5) Druk

If anyone fancies a free valet on Sunday

hi Ecossebev; thanks for the offer - sounds good but unfortunatly my wife has only allowed me the afternoon away for the meet. :mad:

See you there :)

Thanks mate , thats a real kind offer.
If the weather OK on Sunday might take a triip out and meet up with you guys for a cofee at 2.00pm

Where abouts in the Marriot will you guys be?

Happy New Year Guys

Thanks mate , thats a real kind offer.
If the weather OK on Sunday might take a triip out and meet up with you guys for a cofee at 2.00pm

Where abouts in the Marriot will you guys be?

Happy New Year Guys

Dunno but happy new year to you. I'd advise we meet in the car park c. 1:45pm, the MBs will stand out. Mine is the dirty black E class :D My number is (edited out now) if you can't find anyone.

I'll edit this post in 30mins to delete my number.

Last edited:
Dunno but happy new year to you. I'd advise we meet in the car park c. 1:45pm, the MBs will stand out. Mine is the dirty black E class :D My number is (edited out) if you can't find anyone.

I'll edit this post in 30mins to delete my number.

Thanks mate

Got your number - see you Sunday @ 1.45pm:bannana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom