Scottish Meet 4th Jan 09 in Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here are the pics. Sorry about the quality - blame my shaking hands on the weather

From Left to right, Shauns (eccosebev) E230, Dereks (druk) awesome because I drove it E320cdi, jim (oorjims) CLK320, Dereks (Silversaloons) immaculate E300d, My clean E220cdi , TKMs SLK32amg & fuzzers loaded E320cdi
DSC02131Large.jpg

DSC02133Large.jpg

Last edited:
Nice meet and good to see some more new faces :)

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality - it was raining and getting dark and my camera didnt seem to like that...

I also have a video but it does show a couple of reg numbers. Not very interesting really but i can post a link to it if anyone is interested.... and the guys dont mind a shot of the reg shown briefly...? Its just a shot of SLK32 driving away (i was hoping of a roar of that AMG engine but i dont think my cam was up to picking it up!)

meet_040109007.jpg

meet_040109008.jpg

meet_040109009.jpg

meet_040109010.jpg

Count me in for Stirling guys, I checked my race itenerary and I am officiating at the West of Scotland Kart Club on the 18th, so looking forward to seeing you all again and a spot of lunch this time.

Thanks again for a great day.

PS
Dont mind if you post the Video with my number on it

I notice no work was needed to obscure the reg. plate
on the E220. There was a rumour it was silver and I'm
tempted to bring the Vitovaletvan to Stirling, just to prove
everyone wrong! Nice pictures though, pity it was dark.

Never knew quite what to expect today, but I thoroughly
enjoyed myself....

thanks
Sean

We'll have to get the photos done at the start of the meet next time before it gets dark

ecossebev; was that you i drove past at Cramond thismorning in your 124? I noticed too late to give you a wave.

You were heading out of town towards the bridge and i was going into town

Great turnout - there's hope for the meetings yet ! Perhaps there isn't enough support in this area from membership of any one Club/internet forum , but by having 'combined' meetings it seems we can get a decent turnout - this may be the way forward .

I'll definitely be at the one in Stirling on the 24th .

We came up the road last night , Jan's sister is making her way down on the train today and will keep her mum company for a few days . When she is ready to come home in around a week's time I'll go down and collect her .

Great turnout - there's hope for the meetings yet ! Perhaps there isn't enough support in this area from membership of any one Club/internet forum , but by having 'combined' meetings it seems we can get a decent turnout - this may be the way forward .

I'll definitely be at the one in Stirling on the 24th .

We came up the road last night , Jan's sister is making her way down on the train today and will keep her mum company for a few days . When she is ready to come home in around a week's time I'll go down and collect her .

Hi Derek, I think you're right. Derek (Druk) did hand out some old issues of the Gazette in hope that it will encourange new membership. It worked on me when I 1st met him!

I thought it would also be a good idea for one of us to send in a pic or two of the meet showing all the cars (one of the above pics) for a mention in the Gazette with a brief text regarding what went on etc. Hopefully it may make more "non forum" members of the official club more interested in the meets.

See you in Sterling - What car do you plan to bring? You seem to have quite a collection there! The 126 would be my fav as i really fancy of of these beasts at some point, but never actually been in one.

Yes , I'll be coming in the 126 : my sister is running about with my 190 2.6 just now while she is getting some work done on her BMW and the older ones are off road undergoing/awaiting restoration .

BTW - I think the idea of sending something into the Gazette is a good idea .

BTW - I think the idea of sending something into the Gazette is a good idea .

How about one of the following pics:

meet_040109007.jpg

meet_040109008.jpg

no idea if anyone has any more photos? I know del320 took some photos but not posted them yet. Maybe they were better than mine, but ***'s pics dont show all the cars, but have a bit more detail as taken closer up. Both the above pics have all the cars that turned up in them. Shame they were taken in the dark though.

Do you know who to send them to? As you organised it, do you want to submit the images? I'm a fairly new member so not sure if it would make the mag if i submitted them ; of course i will if you would prefer... i've PM'd you.

cheers

Derek

Last edited:
I know del320 took some photos but not posted them yet. Maybe they were better than mine...Derek

Effin' disaster! If ya get a decent camera, make sure you can work it.:eek:

Mostly pitch black - with some blurry dim lights. Not even Photoshop can extract any info. :(

Sorry, chaps!

Last edited:
If we hadn't spent so much time drinking Barrys £2 worth of coffee we might have got a shot or two before the pi$$ing rain started.

Picture002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, wasn't me heading for the bridge.
Portobello to Costorphine 7.30-8.....Vito power after that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom