scrap gold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
had a funny experiance today,called in a jewellers to sell an old gold chain today,its been in the draw for 10 yrs so is never going to get worn.with scrap gold being high i had a price in my head what i wanted for it.after being offered £200 less than my figure i wanted i put the chain back in my pocket.the young lad "about 20 at the most"goes in the back to get his dad who owns the shop,after 5 minutes and a £170 increase i'm happy and we do the deal.the young lad then gets a large amount of money out of the safe and pays me,i say thanks and leave the shop.15 minutes later i'm walking to get the bus and i see the lad running towards me,at the same time i hear someone shouting me and as i turn around its the father.they are both sweating like they have run a marathon and out of breath.the father asks have i got the chain as they cant find it,i say the lad took it in the back of the shop when he sorted out the money.so i check my pockets and ive the chain,i didnt give it him back when he paid me.the father then thanks me and gives the lad a slap for the error and tells him he's sacked .as it was a genuine mistake and i didnt realise i even had the chain i gave it him.but if i would have got home then found it would i have taken it in or resold it!!!.
think i feel better with the outcome"what goes around comes around"or would i feel better with another £1200 in my pocket

I'm a big beleiver in karma , and i think you've just got yourself a credit there.

The other day , i overcharged someone for a mooring ( only by three quid , i didn't discover until i was cashing up at 2100 hrs ) ...

I walked a quarter mile in the drizzle , knocked on the chaps boat and gave it back to him , he was stunned and shook my hand and thanked me.

I went back to the lock a little happier , and knowing i've got a credit for the next time i upset someone. :)

It must have been on hell of a chain for £1200. 18ct I imagine.

What price per gramme did you get.

scrap gold is £9.40 gramme at the moment

Large gold chain. . . a symbol of how hard you are. . . commonly seen in the late 2000’s and often accompanied by the well known phrase “ Do you know who I am, I’m from Manchestaaaaaaaar”

Noticed your Manchester based, couldn’t stop myself. . . . no offence intended. :eek:

sTeVe

it was exactly that totally hidious.i was owed £400 for a job i did about 4 years ago ,the guy didnt want to pay so i had the chain with the intention of selling it.glad i left it in the draw.my neice used to play with it when she was smaller."you do the job you want paying"

Need to change your avatar

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 58
i cant discuss what i had to do to get it,you owe,you pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom