Scraping noise

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by NewMB, Sep 22, 2008.

1. NewMB

NewMB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 535D F11 Sport (Touring)
    As some know, I recently bought myself a 2003 E55. So far very pleased with the car, but I have had some work done on it (to make it "mine").

This included the the front & rear discs replaced. No need for pads as I was told they were brand new (MB Colchester confirmed this).

Anyway, I have noticed that the wheels make a squeling noise when driving at low speed (at higher speed I can no longer hear it). Like something would be leaning against the wheels or perhaps even the brakes. There's no brake force applied from what I can feel.

If I brake, the sound dissapear... :confused:

Dealer has had a look, took of wheels again and just checked over the pads & discs. As always, nothing found.

Any idea of what this could be?

Thanks
    Patrik

2. jimbob35

jimbob35 Active Member

Car:
    C180 W203 Coupe (2003) 1.8L Petrol, Manual.
    Huge resurrection here I'm afraid, but as it was not answered and I have similar symptoms so it should be ok :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  3. esprit200

esprit200 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1998 E55 AMG
    Possibly pads vibrating or "singing" against the caliper. Some copper grease on the back does the trick if this is the problem. Also possibly burrs on the disc.

Tags: