Scratch and dent repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parklover

Car
Mercedes
Bad luck with turning my car and hit the gate with a light scratch and dent.
The scratch is at the head and the dent is on the door. both are very small (guess 2 to 3cm).

I went to Mercedes after sales and was quoted over 1000 pounds for the repair cost.
I was shocked as my car is just a mercedes C class premium sports 2017 model. The color is metallic Diamond white.

First time doing repair, wondering if i should contact insurance for this?
Or i should try some cheaper independent body shop? any recommended ones in London? i am seeing some good reviews on some mobile repair shops like "ChipsAway Smart Repair".

I am new to driving and your advice will be highly appreciated.

I would get quotes from a couple of recommended body shops first. Chips away tend to be hit and miss and are only as good as the guy who has bought into the franchaise.
Decent bodyshops keep going through repeat custom and recommendations.

If you have not long started driving, I would avoid the insurance company route as you will be penalised with a much higher premium next renewal and a claim stays on your record for 5 years.

^ I’d agree with this- that said my local chips away guy is very very good, just pot luck

Thank you, everyone.
I would give westfield a call. is there any other recommended body shops as long as it is not too far from canary wharf area?

Would you feel better if you had to pay £1000 but your car was a C63?

Metallic diamond white is a bugger to match. It's one of the few colours mercedes won't offer scratch/dent insurance for.

I use Tony from his company Dent Angel. He was recommended to me on here. He is based in Horley, Surrey. He done a fantastic job.

@surinterry, i saw you just posted too and your problem is already resolved? that is fast and efficient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom