Scratch on My Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
Only had for 2 months and this has happened! Any suggestions on how to sort it. You can feel the scratch with your nail so don't think it can be rubbed out or polished. Any suggestions on how to sort would be much appreciated.

Scratch on My Car - Mercedes A-Class Forum

Sorry I couldn't remember how to upload pics on here.

That's been key'd

If it deep enough to feel, you will probs need to get the TWO panels repainted :/

Don't suppose you are clued up on prices to sort this problem. Was just wondering also if this sort of thing could be claimed for on insurance also. I have protected no claims

I'm not convinced that's keyed TBH, maybe reversing into a hedge or something sharp?

You can claim on insurance, but depending on your policy, you still may have to pay your excess, which is probably about the same as a decent repair.

I'd say a decent body shop would charge £400ish to paint and blend.

Even with no claims bonus, your insurers will still class it as an incident/claim and even if you don't lose your NCD, you'll still have to tell any new insurers about the incident and it'll cost you more in the long run.

My advice would be find a decent body shop and not go through the insurance.

Some insurers do pay for criminal damage to be repaired without asking for an excess, but it'll still go down as an incident that you'll have fess up to at times of renewal.

HTH

It lifts and then starts again after the panel gap, I'd still say it's been key'd

Sorry, not at the panel gap, but after, still looks like a key to me, especially the way it's wavy.

Edit - and the height...

If you run your finger nail over it can you feel how deep it is?

Far to wavey for keying I say, unless they did it extremely slowly + too low down for average person.

As above, I wouldn't go through insurance

I've seen plenty of key'd cars, and they've all been wavy, think it's to do with the way people are walking when it's done.

Definitely sounds like a key to me :/

Wowzers guys!!! Does it matter how it was done? The OP asked for a remedy/solution, not an investigation! :crazy:

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed some new scratches on my car a few days ago which looked like a serated saw had touched it. I had some silver colour magic t cut and rubbed it in and scratches gone. Really surprised me so it might be worth a try.

I had a 5 inch scratch down to the metal on my black car - it was repaired on my drive by a smart repair guy I know.

Flatted back to metal, painted, lacquered etc and now you can't see where it was or where it's been repaired.

I've personally had bad experiences with smart repairers, but it's all down to the individual who carries it out.

Someone who comes highly recommended is a very good start :)

Round the corner? I doubt that, my money is still on a key :/

Just to verify Dave, what would you say caused the scratch? :dk:

Ant. :bannana:

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom