Screen demister

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Ok gang,

Just a quicky.

When i am trying to demist my front screen , there is no air blowing out of the vents that are directly under ( blowing onto ) the screen , doesn't matter what setting i have the controls on , no air comes out ....

Whats wrong with it ?

Cheers

H

Don't know ... i was hoping one of you would ... ;)

The fan blows powerful but just not out of the screen vents , i can have it blowing my shoes off or blowing my hair backwards but not blowing on the screen ....

I have never come across this problem as yet. Let me have a think....

Any ideas ?

The fan goes onto 5 and blows like hell , but it sounds like the vent itself is closed as there is a whistling sound and the sound of air meeting an obstruction.

If i close all the vents that blow into the car and put the fan controls on demist and turn the fan to 5 you can hear it roaring but nothing is coming out.

:confused:

The air guide flap is stuck closed. Needs a proper look at to see why.

Any idea how to get at it ?

I am compentent at unclipping panels and undoing screws ;)

Anyone ?

Legend !

Cheers Nick ! :)

Arn't all the vents controlled, via flaps, operated by the stepper motor?

On that vintage of car I think they are still vacuum operated/electrically controlled??? Sounds like the diverter flap/actuator as Dieselman says

Hmmmm ....

I can divert the air all round , into the footwells , into my face , just not onto the screen so would it suggest that it is partially working ?

Are the flaps motorised or just moved by the dial ?

Put the roof down....... it's not raining!

Simon

..or buy a mobile A/C unit & power converter! :D

Better still take out screen and invest in some goggles

Manual ...

Good ideas everyone :rolleyes:

if its manual then im sure its just mechanical and you probably have a flap stuck.... never heard of this though...

The climate controlled ones use vacuum to open and close the flaps and often the pipes break at the unions...
I doubt thats how yours works though...

Anyone got any idea how to get at it ? ( that hopefully doesn't involve taking half the dash apart ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom