Screen didn't turn on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jabrielraja

Car
C class
Have a 2012 w166. Bought from Mercees a few months ago.

A couple of days ago the (main) screen didn't turn on when I started the car. I turned the car off and on again, still no screen. Got to my destination and was there half a day and when I got into the car to return home, the screen started working.

What would cause this?

The car is under warranty with Mercedes. I was hoping it wouldn't fix itself until I can get it to a garage for them to investigate but as it's now working, they probably wouldn't be able (or care enough) to do anything.

Does the car write a log file that could be read?

Your thoughts please.

Yes, error codes are stored and can be read using STAR/Xentry.
It's under warranty get the dealer to look at it.

Well that must have seemed a strange fault to happen,of course take it to mercedes it may have had a fault logged that they can check,other than that guys on here have found the fuse that is for the screen and pulled that for a while then put it back this has the effect of resetting command,and all should be working again,:rolleyes:

Thanks Chaps. Wondered about the fuse but as the screen reappeared, wasn't able to test it.

Not an uncommon fault when it happened to me and I found the solution and then told the dealer when it was in for a service and they laughed. Yes you pull every fuse that might have a bearing on the COMAND unit phone, cd etc. Switch on the ignition, don't start, count 15 seconds switch off replace fuses switch on. Apparently it forces a software reset. Was a bit nervous as I thought I might lose the address book. Worked for me after I had tried all sorts things and was almost resigned to replacing the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom