screen steaming up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercMania

would anyone be able to tell me why does the rear and front screen on my car steams up from the inside on odd occasions its turns into ice i have a c class w202 1999.

hope someone can help me and prevent it

Are you running aircon to dehumidify? Does thee aircon have the right amount of gas? I dont get ice in the W202.
Kamal

no am using normal heating, what i mean with the ice on the inside is few weeks ago it was very cold in the night so had frost all over the car on the outside and also on the inside

how do i check the leaks carl?

looks like a big job not sure what i should do now

If there is water in the footwell, it will be the drainage ducts at the bottom of the window. Any decent garage should be able to seal up the gaps.

I would really recommend having a good run with aircon and heating on. My wife's Corsa had this problem as it the aircon was poor. I also found that if the windows haven't been cleaned for a while they mist up more quickly and take longer to de-mist.

This winter I've also just applied Rain-X anti fog to the inside of the front and back screens - will see how that goes.

Hope you find the cause soon and it isn't costly.

Kamal

Lots of cars don't have air con ; I suspect the OP's is one of them .

Simply due to humidity held in the air inside the car , when the outside freezes up , condensation will form on interior surfaces ; if you think windows are bad - drop the headlining and look at the underside of the roof panel , or the inside of the bootlid - hence why it has a drain hole in the corner .

thanx for all your help i am going to leave it as it is as its too much to do

Blocked drains in the scuttle area in front of the windscreen can cause this as the air drawn into the heater is picked from there.

Had a Ford Focus, leak that went to the passenger footwell was the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom