Screen wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A6lns

Car
C250d Amg line estate
Hi all just got a new c class do I have use Mercedes’ screen wash people tell me if you mix different makes off screen wash it goes like a gel then blocks jets

What you've been told is correct. Also, some screen washes can clog the headlamp washers. No doubt some washes are compatible but I haven't gone into the detail so can't answer that.

You don’t need to use MB branded screenwash in the same way you don’t need to use MB branded wiper blades, engine oil, brake fluid etc… the advantage of using MB branded products is you can be sure they are good quality and the correct spec for the car; as consumables are so reasonably priced now I don’t see you saving much going for other brands of screenwash. :)

This is what I use:

I wasn't looking for it but just saw this recent thread.

You don’t need to use MB branded screenwash in the same way you don’t need to use MB branded wiper blades, engine oil, brake fluid etc… the advantage of using MB branded products is you can be sure they are good quality and the correct spec for the car; as consumables are so reasonably priced now I don’t see you saving much going for other brands of screenwash. :)

This is what I use:
At £5/L and dilute 1:2 for protection to -10C it'd take almost 2L of that screenwash to make the 5L I need to refill the S204 screenwash bottle once the warning light comes on!

This is what I use :

£9 for 10L delivered, dilute 1:9 for summer use and less for winter.

I just use Halfords 5l Premix for just under £5. Its simpler to just top up and not worry about mixing. Plus I do quite like the smell :)

At £5/L and dilute 1:2 for protection to -10C it'd take almost 2L of that screenwash to make the 5L I need to refill the S204 screenwash bottle once the warning light comes on!

This is what I use :

£9 for 10L delivered, dilute 1:9 for summer use and less for winter.
Okay. Cheaper isn’t always better though! I really like the MB branded stuff and even at £10 for 2 bottles to dilute to fill up from empty it’s not too bad Imo

The Trade Club stuff does the job though, and £1/L (that makes 10L for summer use and 2L for winter) is a lot more wallet friendly!

Halfords purple or green concentrate winter screen washes (let down by half to save pennies ;))

I used to use Lidl's, but it's not been available for a few years now. Don't shop at Aldi (tried their new shop in Ashford just after it opened and was not impressed).

Okay. Cheaper isn’t always better though! I really like the MB branded stuff and even at £10 for 2 bottles to dilute to fill up from empty it’s not too bad Imo
I use the Mercedes branded stuff too. I buy bottles of six at a time, and six Winterfit and six Summerfit covers all of our cars for at least year. Not cheap but it works well.

I use the Mercedes branded stuff too. I buy bottles of six at a time, and six Winterfit and six Summerfit covers all of our cars for at least year. Not cheap but it works well.
It works very well doesn’t it Rob, also doesn’t smell unusual like some of the other screenwashes available.

Preston is available in our local Tesco in 2.5 or 5L bottles at an equally good price to ECP.
Put it in the shopping trolly and it comes out of grocery budget and not car spending.

This is what I use:
Maybe the quality of materials available in the UK are different but I have owned 13 MB cars in the last 33 yr and we get horrible roads in the winters and washer fluid is as critical as fuel and oil to keep topped up. I mix and match all brands and have never lost a washer jet either on the windshield or headlamp jets.

I wasn't looking for it but just saw this recent thread.

They do need to be cleaned now and then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom