Screenwash -60 degrees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NDFR

SUPPORTER
Car
C320 CDI
Lidl currently selling at £4.49 for5 ltrs

Last edited:
It is very good stuff - at UK temperatures which we hope won't come within 50 degrees of this it just melts the snow on the screen.

Stinks though!

Been using it for a few years now, diluted 1:1 it's still good to -20 so that's 10l for £4.49! Have to grab it quick when it's available as it sells out fast - I bought 3 x 5l so should last this and next winter!

Anyone with a rear wash/wipe - get this stuff in now to avoid possibility of pipework between front and back of car freezing up - I had a mare of a time with my S203 the first winter, 3 different connections popped (inside tailgate, in rear OS storage cubby and behind glovebox - that was a mother to fix!), flooded the tailgate and the passenger footwell trying to find the problem!

Not had a problem with our S203 (touch wood) but did have a junction come apart in the Vito the first winter we had that. Had to remove all the fixed caging in the back to get the trim panel off and get access to the pipe ... best part of a day's work in total :(

I do worry what such potent stuff does to paintwork.

I've never found anything that cleans as well as the genuine MB stuff

I do worry what such potent stuff does to paintwork.

I've used it in the S203, S204 and 968 for about 4 years now, maybe 5, and have not noticed any problem with the paintwork - although admittedly the cars have been clayed, DA'd and kept well waxed!

Bought the last three 5ltr bottles at my local Lidl. Must have been selling like hot cakes by the look of the number of empty trays on the display.

Bought the last three 5ltr bottles at my local Lidl. Must have been selling like hot cakes by the look of the number of empty trays on the display.
How very considerate of you.

Since in this country you wont be needing a high level of concentration did you really need to buy 15ltrs?

B- I had a mare of a time with my S203 the first winter, 3 different connections popped (inside tailgate, in rear OS storage cubby and behind glovebox - that was a mother to fix!), flooded the tailgate and the passenger footwell trying to find the problem!

My daughter's SEAT Ibiza did exactly the same one year, except the front one was under the washer bottle and that was the even worse to get at than the other two. They obviously started with the washer bittle, then built a car around it!

I bought loads of the Lidl stuff last year and just opened the last bottle.

Since in this country you wont be needing a high level of concentration did you really need to buy 15ltrs?

One bottle for my daughter, one for my son and one for myself. Any problem with that.?:confused:

I also bought 3 bottles - all for me. This stuff is only occasionally available at Lidl, so if it's a shop you don't visit regularly you have to be lucky and stock up when you can. I'd rather be stocked up and know I'm OK for a couple of years than find myself hoping that the -5 stuff I can normally get does not freeze in the pipes - as it did on my S203.

I picked up 5 litres of -23C stuff at Costco on Saturday, good enough for most parts of the UK I would think. Was on offer for about £4.

Let's keep perspective here. He didn't buy the last three loaves of bread in the Warsaw ghetto.

I also bought 3 bottles - all for me. This stuff is only occasionally available at Lidl, so if it's a shop you don't visit regularly you have to be lucky and stock up when you can. I'd rather be stocked up and know I'm OK for a couple of years than find myself hoping that the -5 stuff I can normally get does not freeze in the pipes - as it did on my S203.
Good for you. To tell you the truth, if there had been more, I would have bought more. Not because I consider myself greedy or a panic buyer. We have 8 cars in the family if I include my grandson. So I reckon I would have been justified in buying at least 8 bottles out of consideration for my family? :D

I picked up 5 litres of -23C stuff at Costco on Saturday, good enough for most parts of the UK I would think. Was on offer for about £4.

Probably smells nicer than Lidl's - but the -60 stuff of theirs can be cut 1:1 and is still good to -20 - so effectivly 10 litres for £4.99!

Costco used to sell Holts, which I used to buy, but up here they've changed to Prestone, in respect of which I've seen negative reviews - smears the glass allegedly.

Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know how you rate it, if indeed you've got Prestone.

Thanks for the heads-up. Lidl Bathgate have a pallet full. At least 30 cases of x3.

Costco used to sell Holts, which I used to buy, but up here they've changed to Prestone, in respect of which I've seen negative reviews - smears the glass allegedly.

Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know how you rate it, if indeed you've got Prestone.

Yes it's Prestone, will let you know (only got it in the Vito at the moment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom