Screw in tyre tread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gklau

Car
C180K Avantagarde SE
Found a screw in one of my tyre treads. I pulled it out and it doesn't appear to have gone through all the way through the tyre. There is no audible leak nor any loss of tyre pressure.

Is it safe to continue driving on this tyre? Or will I risk having a blow-out on the motorway? I thought about having it repaired, but since there is no hole, there's nothing to repair...or am I wrong?

Many thanks for your thoughts :)

gklau said:
Found a screw in one of my tyre treads. I pulled it out and it doesn't appear to have gone through all the way through the tyre. There is no audible leak nor any loss of tyre pressure.

Is it safe to continue driving on this tyre? Or will I risk having a blow-out on the motorway? I thought about having it repaired, but since there is no hole, there's nothing to repair...or am I wrong?

Many thanks for your thoughts :)

You should be OK, but how long was the screw and how far into the tyre was it??? :confused:

Screw was about 1/2 inch long, and it looks like about 1/4 of the screw was stuck in the rubber at the floor of the tread...

gklau said:
Screw was about 1/2 inch long, and it looks like about 1/4 of the screw was stuck in the rubber at the floor of the tread...

As I said, should be OK then mate, just don't do more than 70 mph. :D :D

should've gone to kwik fit mate

next time go to kwik fit to get it out they will repair it for free if it is repairable - I have picked up several nails etc and they have fixed those they could.
at least then you will have peace of mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom