Scuff and chip removal/advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sylvo

Car
Mercedes SL 280 R129
Does anyone know of a good reliable and reasonable scuff & stone chip repairer in Surrey?

I have an SL280 red 1994 in very good condition. Some pratt put a very small scuff on my rear bumper in a local garden center :devil:...hardly noticeable but I see it and it is annoying as it is too deep to polish out. Also have a very minor blip on drivers door and some small stone chips on bonnet.

Just want to get them done as spend a bit of time detailing the car. Not sure about some of these national companies like chips away or whatever they are.

Any advice would be welcome. What sort of price would be considered reasonable.

Regards Martin

Well the national companies are IMO not worth the risk unless you get a recommendation for one on here,I live in Essex and have a great guy for doing that sort of minor repair in fact the Merc main dealers use him as you would be amazed just how much minor damage occurs at dealerships,I had a small bit of damage on a rear door on my S and tiny bit on the wheel arch he charged me £150 and it is impossible to tell it has been repaired and sprayed.

zipdip said:
Well the national companies are IMO not worth the risk unless you get a recommendation for one on here,I live in Essex and have a great guy for doing that sort of minor repair in fact the Merc main dealers use him as you would be amazed just how much minor damage occurs at dealerships,I had a small bit of damage on a rear door on my S and tiny bit on the wheel arch he charged me £150 and it is impossible to tell it has been repaired and sprayed.

Hi could you pm me his details please. It's always good to have a recommended guy.

You can also try Chips Away (Kevin on 07837 704363)

https://www.chipsaway.co.uk/kevinbuckland/

He did a few marks I had on the rear panel of my previous Merc. It was 744 silver which is extremely hard to match, but he did a brilliant job and very reasonable charges.

He mainly covers the South London area but no harm in asking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom