scuffed bumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenRichardson

Car
Mercedes c250 sport plus
Hi all, drove over a ridiculously high speed bump yesterday and after having a look this morning noticed its scuffed the under side of my front bumper back to the plastic ( area about 4x9")
Any advice on options? Leave it? Smart repair? Full respray of the bumper?
Its only visible if you get on your knees and look but I'm very picky about my car.

Cheers

Ben

Leave it , the only people who will be notice it will be people you are running over and they've got more to worry about than scuffed paint on unseen bits of the bumper ! :thumb:

Drive over the ridiculously high speed bump from the opposite direction and get a matching scuff on the other side.

Hi all, drove over a ridiculously high speed bump yesterday and after having a look this morning noticed its scuffed the under side of my front bumper back to the plastic ( area about 4x9")
Any advice on options? Leave it? Smart repair? Full respray of the bumper?
Its only visible if you get on your knees and look but I'm very picky about my car.

Cheers

Ben

Got exactly the same on my near side on my SL :mad: was wondering do I spend £200 - £300 putting it right as like you I'm fussy and hate having scuffs or scratches , but have decided as it's only visible like yours , if I get down on my knees I'll leave it until I have a spare few hundred , so guessing it won't get done lol :crazy:

Problem is you would spend all the money having it done and then a week or so later it would probably happen again. Got the very same scuff marks on mine and decided since it can't rust or degrade due to it I am not going to throw the money down the drain.

Problem is you would spend all the money having it done and then a week or so later it would probably happen again. Got the very same scuff marks on mine and decided since it can't rust or degrade due to it I am not going to throw the money down the drain.

Similar thoughts here to , just nigh les that I know it's not perfect lol

If it's below the sight line then tape the full width of the bumper off and paint it Black with an underseal aerosol. The thick paint will hide a multitude of sins and make future touch-ups easy.

Think that would look worse than leaving it alone to be honest .dont know about you guys but mine is silver and thankfully the scuffs kind of blend in. A big black streak at the front of the car would draw the eye even more to the area.

Think that would look worse than leaving it alone to be honest .dont know about you guys but mine is silver and thankfully the scuffs kind of blend in. A big black streak at the front of the car would draw the eye even more to the area.

In the shadow on the underside of the bumper with careful masking it'll look factory. Mine's silver too. Not too confident then use plastidip, you can peel it off if you don't like it.

If it's below the sight line then tape the full width of the bumper off and paint it Black with an underseal aerosol. The thick paint will hide a multitude of sins and make future touch-ups easy.

Its Edd China......

I think I'll go the smart repair way!
I'm not putting plasticote on my car, its only 6 months old!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom