Scumbags :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aswall

Car
CLS 350
Sundays are when I park in the town centre when I'm working in Doncaster, no traffic wardens and my usual car park too empty to be safe. Walking up to it after work, one of my colleagues remarked how great it looks when clean (ahem) but as I went to open the door I realised someone had keyed it from halfway along the rear door to the petrol cap :(
I knew something like that would happen one day, big shiny black Mercs with personal regs are going to incite hate amongst the knuckle-draggers, but it's really pee'd me off and I needed to rant.

I'll have a go with T cut tomorrow and see how it looks

Scum mate, can't leave anything alone :(

Hope it polishes out

Thats terrible for you/the car.

I'd cut the fingers off people like that, along with burglars.

Any CCTV?

There are CCTV cameras about, but the car was close enough to the pavement to enable it to be done subtly while walking past. Not much point in bothering the police really, I'll just have to suck it up. I'll think a bit more carefully where I park it next time though!

Welcome to Doncaster, unfortunately. Nothings changed over the years - I well remember someone keying my dads BMW in Mexborough when I was a kid.

Whereabouts were you parked?

Welcome to Doncaster, unfortunately. Nothings changed over the years - I well remember someone keying my dads BMW in Mexborough when I was a kid.

Whereabouts were you parked?

Haha I've worked here for 20yrs but believe me, there are scumbags from Southend to Stornoway. Mind you Mexborough is really scary :eek:
It was outside Tom Wood's.

Its strange is it not, an attack on ones car/pride and joy is like an attack on ones self. I can understand theft, (I don't condone it) but someone gets something. Criminal Damage is just pure badness, I would glady alter the bone structure of anyone found committing it.

Its strange is it not, an attack on ones car/pride and joy is like an attack on ones self. I can understand theft, (I don't condone it) but someone gets something. Criminal Damage is just pure badness, I would glady alter the bone structure of anyone found committing it.

Yeah, it's "I can't be ****d working for it, but I don't want you to have it either".

Haha I've worked here for 20yrs but believe me, there are scumbags from Southend to Stornoway. Mind you Mexborough is really scary :eek:
It was outside Tom Wood's.

Not exactly a back street, you would hope for better.

This is the reason that I was not keen when the boss suggested lunch in Doncaster today...

Nothing you can do but take the long view and wish for karma.

It makes it worse there as it's semi-pedestrianised there, ie pavement level with road so it's easier to brush past it. I'll look for somewhere where you'd have to more obviously cross to get to it, and where the cameras are obvious.
But you're right, what goes around comes around and I'm pretty certain life's been kinder to me than the scrote that did it.

Sorry to hear about this, there's some jealous bstards out there I'm afraid.

Was it the Tom Woods on Printing Office street?

Had mine done not so lond ago, it is indeed like an attack on yourself as you stand there thinking 'why my car?!'.

Hope you can get it T-cut back, if its a no go I used a dent firm and they removed it for £60.

It makes it worse there as it's semi-pedestrianised there, ie pavement level with road so it's easier to brush past it. I'll look for somewhere where you'd have to more obviously cross to get to it, and where the cameras are obvious.
But you're right, what goes around comes around and I'm pretty certain life's been kinder to me than the scrote that did it.

As a Donny lad myself I wouldn't park anywhere other than the Frenchgate centre car parks for the reasons you mention, I would never dream of parking on the street in Donny, just too risky I'd rather pay the parking fee and walk.

Sorry about your car though really p*sses me off too and gives the town a bad name, hope it polishes out for you.

Gutted for you my friend. I remember a few years ago the wife had just bought a new Ford Transit Connect for her small business and parked it outside her shop the afternoon of buying it. By the time she had finished work that day (only two hours later) some p***k had gone from back to front with a key or nail or something and gone right down to the metal, she was heartbroken. Probably some f'ing school kids going to the local comp.

I hope you manage to polish it out.

Irony is that it had been filthy and covered in road grime with wheels black with brake dust they would have possibly ignored it? "Shiny Shiny" just seems to attract their attention sadly. :(

couldn't agree more with Woody. We pay national insurance and tax after all don't we.. i dont mind them using up a hospital bed!

Yes it was in Printing Office St. I have a pass for another car park but I like being able to park 1 min away from work on a Sunday. I must admit I usually avoid the Frenchgate car park though, tends to be frequented by women with 6 kids who don't care what the doors are flung into. A couple of people I know have come back to large dents!

I've never had a problem before and I think it did make it worse being so shiny, it stood out a mile. I'm usually pretty rubbish at keeping my car clean, I live in a little village where the road is always covered in mud and horse sht, so when the roads are wet it's filthy in minutes. I'd cleaned it because of the long period of dry weather, but I'll not bother for a while now. Easter Sunday next week so no work anyway :)

A session with T Cut has reduced the whiteness of it and it certainly looks better, but you can still see it and feel it so I'll have to get it sorted at some point. £60 sounds pretty good if I can get it done for that.

Sounds like there are quite a few of us in Doncaster :thumb:

I work in Doncaster but luckily i have managed to have off street parking in both places if i am on time. If not i have to leave it on the street on a road where the vast majority will be on benefits but luckily nothing has happened so far.

I have a silver car so i hope that goes some way as a deterant as it wont show up as obvious as say a black car.

Still very annoying, people should work hard and aspire to have a nice Mercedes instead of thinking rich show off bleep and keying your car.

On my old car, the wheel caps were hot targets for thieves. Got them stolen twice. On the forum for that car remember a guy saying two guys came upto him saying where are your wheel caps when he had taken them off as they kept getting stolen, then offering to sell him some:mad:

But the worse has got to be the story another member told at Alton Towers. An ST pulls up beside another, guy gets out and starts taking the wheel caps off the other car. Luckily the guy who witnessed it stopped him but you would think if they had the same car he would have left it alone.

Two wrongs dont make a right, imagine saying well someone nicked mine to a copper if he got caught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom