SD card included or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevpheaton

Car
C-class Executive 220d
Hi, I've just purchased a 2017, C-class 220d Executive. There was no SD card supplied when the vehicle was delivered, the dealer says that this model does not come with Sat Nav. Although, on the list of options supplied when the vehicle was originally purchased states Garmin Map Pilot. So am I correct in assuming that the SD card should be present?
Thanks Kevin

Hi, I've just purchased a 2017, C-class 220d Executive. There was no SD card supplied when the vehicle was delivered, the dealer says that this model does not come with Sat Nav. Although, on the list of options supplied when the vehicle was originally purchased states Garmin Map Pilot. So am I correct in assuming that the SD card should be present?
Thanks Kevin

Yes.

Looks like it went missing, or perhaps someone nicked it at some point (which would make little sense, because it gets locked to the car's VIN after first use)..

If your car originally had this option, then you can purchase an 'update' SD-Card from the dealer, it will cost £99 (as opposed to first-time SD-card which would have cost £499).

Are you sure the build sheet doesn't say sat nav ready. Lots of them do

Did you check the sat nav on the test drive?

Believe the se didnt come with satnav but was sat nav ready, confusingly the se exec did come with sat nav.

I didn't check sat nav as it was purchased blind and it was delivered to a friend with the confirmation everything works as it should. Agent says this model is only Sat Nav ready, but I believe as the factsheet states Garmin Map Pilot that it should have the SD card too. Waiting to hear from original supplier of the vehicle, MB Stockport.

Can you run the VIN through a VIN decoder and post here the exact option number and description?

Relating to the Sat Nav I have the list of included extras, it states Code 357 Garmin Map Pilot.

Does this help?

Else the VIN is WDD2052042F600538
Thanks

270GPS ANTENNA

355PREINSTALLATION FOR NAVIGATION RETROFITTING
357SD CARD NAVIGATION

522AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5
537DIGITAL RADIO STANDARD DAB (DIGI. AUDIO BROADC.)

I read this to say that the car is equipped with pre-installation for SD-Card navigation. So it has everything, including the GPS antenna and SD-Card slot - apart from the SD-Card itself.

I would imagine that the Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card is an after-market dealer option? Perhaps someone who had the Garmin map Pilot with a new car can shed some light on this.

270GPS ANTENNA

355PREINSTALLATION FOR NAVIGATION RETROFITTING
357SD CARD NAVIGATION

522AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5
537DIGITAL RADIO STANDARD DAB (DIGI. AUDIO BROADC.)

I read this to say that the car is equipped with pre-installation for SD-Card navigation. So it has everything, including the GPS antenna and SD-Card slot - apart from the SD-Card itself.

I would imagine that the Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card is an after-market dealer option? Perhaps someone who had the Garmin map Pilot with a new car can shed some light on this.
Hi did you manage to sort this in the end? I’m also in the same situation, mine is sat NAV ready but no sd card supplied and Mercedes are quoting £499! I read the post on here about getting the update sd card for £99 but the guy at the dealer had no idea about what I was saying! Cheers

I didn't check sat nav as it was purchased blind and it was delivered to a friend with the confirmation everything works as it should. Agent says this model is only Sat Nav ready, but I believe as the factsheet states Garmin Map Pilot that it should have the SD card too. Waiting to hear from original supplier of the vehicle, MB Stockport.
Hi did you manage to sort this in the end? I’m also in the same situation, mine is sat NAV ready but no sd card supplied and Mercedes are quoting £499! I read the post on here about getting the update sd card for £99 but the guy at the dealer had no idea about what I was saying! Cheers

Try a different dealer....

Or buy one off Amazon or eBay thar says 'with live traffic', this way you can return it if it doesn't have it.

Just bought a 2016 c class that has a message saying “ no memory card containing navigation software inserted “
Been quoted £510 from Mercedes will a cheap one off Amazon work

Just bought a 2016 c class that has a message saying “ no memory card containing navigation software inserted “
Been quoted £510 from Mercedes will a cheap one off Amazon work

Yes but only if it's genuine, a fake will still work for navigation but won't come with the 3 years live traffic subscription.

I have a 2017 c class cab and my satnav is working and functioning however there is no SD in the slot !! should there be one ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom