SD Card S213 - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoristheBounce

Car
EQC 400 4Matic AMG in Brilliant Blue SL400 AMG Sport in Polar White
Help!

The manual constantly refers to a media SD card on my New E Class.

The only SD Card slot I can find is occupied by my Garmin Sat Nav SD Card.

Is there another somewhere I cant find?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nev

Hi Nev,

There is only one SD card slot, so if you remove the Garmin Card and replace with another card you will lose your sat nav.
If you want your own music you will have to do what I did . I downloaded all my albums onto a USB memory stick and have that permanently inserted into the slot in the center consul storage area. I was able to download nearly 60 albums and still have well over of half the memory on the stick available. You can search for Artists, Albums and tracks easily enough.
That is the drawback of having SD card based sat nav, but to be honest I have found the USB method to be usable enough for me. Sound quality is OK and I still have use of the Garmin Navigation as well.

Hi Nev,

There is only one SD card slot, so if you remove the Garmin Card and replace with another card you will lose your sat nav.
If you want your own music you will have to do what I did . I downloaded all my albums onto a USB memory stick and have that permanently inserted into the slot in the center consul storage area. I was able to download nearly 60 albums and still have well over of half the memory on the stick available. You can search for Artists, Albums and tracks easily enough.
That is the drawback of having SD card based sat nav, but to be honest I have found the USB method to be usable enough for me. Sound quality is OK and I still have use of the Garmin Navigation as well.

Cheers, that is in-fact what I have done; put the music onto a thumb drive, but with the manual wittering on about a Media SD card slot I thought maybe there was another tucked away somewhere like the little hidey hole in the front of the split centre console storage space :dk:

@Boris - Just curious as to why you would not just store the music on your smartpohne and play via Bluetooth?

@Boris - Just curious as to why you would not just store the music on your smartpohne and play via Bluetooth?

Habit I guess :dk:

I have never held music on my phone, I use it as a work tool, email text and phone and a bit of internet when required, but never music for some reason.

I have always found that USB stick is nice and easy and the question re the SD card was to satisfy my own curiosity about the user manual pointing you towards the SD card for music that's all.

Not saying that this is the case with all cars, but many only play bluetooth through the front speakers

Habit I guess :dk:

I have never held music on my phone, I use it as a work tool, email text and phone and a bit of internet when required, but never music for some reason./QUOTE]

I switched to Spotify Premium some time back (subscription bundled with phone) and found it excellent - allows me to play from my local library or stream almost anything which is handy with children - all connected by Bluetooth.

Not saying that this is the case with all cars, but many only play bluetooth through the front speakers

I currently have a s212 and Bluetooth plays through all speakers.

Help!

The manual constantly refers to a media SD card on my New E Class.

The only SD Card slot I can find is occupied by my Garmin Sat Nav SD Card.

Is there another somewhere I cant find?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nev
Does your car have a built in Hard Drive? If so you can copy over all your music from a thumb drive. Not an E class, but I did this with my W222 recently.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Does your car have a built in Hard Drive? If so you can copy over all your music from a thumb drive. Not an E class, but I did this with my W222 recently.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mine is a S213 so not sure to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom