Sealing diamond cut wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
I'm about to get my AMG 7-spoke (black inlay/diamond-cut face) wheels refurbished and am thinking how to preserve the as-new finish for as long as possible. Previously polished/waxed/3 coats of PoorBoys wheel sealant several times a year plus weekly washing, but I am wondering if there are any other options such as the protectant sealants you can now use on paintwork. I want someone hard wearing and my theory is the wheels being as-new will be the perfect time to apply a sealant.

Just to add, I am thinking a sealant along the lines of Gtechniq C5 alloy wheel armour.

I've used Gtechniq on both my previous BMW and my wife's Audi and it works well. I've never found a product though where you just rinse the wheels and the dirt comes off, but shampoo and a sponge was all I needed to use on the Audi when washing it yesterday.

The problem with diamond cut alloys seems to be stonechips on the lacquer which then let's moisture in and it won't help with that, obviously.

Get shot of the diamond cut, have them powder coated and enjoy a long trouble free life.

I'm sure the trend for these is driven by some agreement between car manufacturers and the wheel refurbishers.

Hi All
Diamond cut is great until you have new tires fitted & than the clear coating is broken .

Cheers

Andy

Hi All
Diamond cut is great until you have new tires fitted & than the clear coating is broken .

Cheers

Andy

That all depends on where you go for your new tyres. ATS, KuickFit, National yes, but find a tyre place that cares about it's customers then you'll be fine.

+1 for Gtechniq, just did my Diamond Cuts last week.

I don't think I have ever had a tyre fitted correctly by a tyre fitter such as mentioned above, tyres all have a red dot on the side wall, this should be lined up with the tyre valve for optimum balance, it never is [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine got all scuffed when I had my tyres fitted, took out the wheel insurance when I bought the car.
I'll have a chat with MB see what they can do.
Or I'll have mine powder coated

All wheels are the same, and all of them peeling lacquer around the rims

I have my tyres fitted at Mercedes Tonbridge and they take great care and no damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom