Sealing new wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Have just purchased a brand new set of wheels for my CLS. Prior to having the tyres fitted I thought it would be a good idea to apply some products to them to seal them. Would a few layers of poor boys do it? If so how long am I supposed to leave it between applying coats as I believe you are supposed to allow time for 'curing'.
Thanks

Not used Poorboys Wheel Sealant before but few sites say apply with applicator thinly as possible to clean wheels and buff off within 5-10 minutes as difficult to remove if left any longer.

Have used Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and that is a piece of pi$$ to apply. Seems to still be working quite well on my winter wheels.

Check out FK1000p that gets good write ups, also look at a coating like GTechniq wheel armour as possible alternatives.

Sure the Poorboys is good stuff so if you already have it give it a go.

Gtechniq c5 is all you need will last 6-8 months and require minimal work to clean....

Used 3 coats of Poorboys on my MkIV wheels. Went on easily enough and look great. Only time will tell as to how effective it is!!

2nd the Gtechniq ... Dam Good stuff Mlboy.

The poor boy or chemical guy one just doesn't seem to last aslong.

Obviously use acid free wheel cleaner & try avoiding your jet wash to close upto the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom