Searching for a private plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I'm in two minds about a personalised plate. I quite like R600 OCH (my initial and surname) but, a colleague has a plate of her initials, but the difference is the plate starts with three numbers, then the initials.
When I do a search, I get combinations of the following:

1, current style e.g RG03 RJG
2, old prefix e.g R600 0CH
3, super expensive e.g 1 RJG = selling my house

So, where can I get something like 989 RJG?

mmm, but it's always that way round. I like the look of the numbers starting first.

You should go for M411BAG with a screw strategically placed between both 1s :D.

have a look at DVLA auctions

I'm in two minds about a personalised plate. I quite like R600 OCH (my initial and surname) but, a colleague has a plate of her initials, but the difference is the plate starts with three numbers, then the initials.
When I do a search, I get combinations of the following:

1, current style e.g RG03 RJG
2, old prefix e.g R600 0CH
3, super expensive e.g 1 RJG = selling my house

So, where can I get something like 989 RJG?

R 60OGH or R 90OGH are available at £250, depends how creative you want to be with the mounting bolt on the "G" :) http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/...ter2=&letter3=H&pricefrom=&priceto=&x=58&y=20

Or alternatively ML55 RJG ?!

http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/...gn=1&origl=rjg&research=2&fpsearch=1&start=20

Last edited:
I quite like the idea of AT57ONE for my business (A.T. Stone).....but I don't like the £3,250 price tag:(

Alternatively AT51ONE is "Only"..£1,750......still seems a lot to me.

mmm, but it's always that way round. I like the look of the numbers starting first.

On the dateless reg plates, numbers starting first are usually slightly cheaper than letters first.

e.g. 701 RJG would typically be cheaper than RJG 701

On the dateless reg plates, numbers starting first are usually slightly cheaper than letters first.

e.g. 701 RJG would typically be cheaper than RJG 701

I thought it was the other way round, My Dad had 12 GUY for many years before selling it to buy another car, I have VNA 95 which is almost worthless I think, but it is still on the same car it started on!:D

I wanted L33 CUB.. my name being Lee Cubeddu.. was £250 and was available for ages, when I finally decided I wanted to buy it.. came up no longer available.. :( :( :(

I thought it was the other way round, My Dad had 12 GUY for many years before selling it to buy another car, I have VNA 95 which is almost worthless I think, but it is still on the same car it started on!:D

There are always exceptions I guess. Any combination of letters with a vowel in the middle (except I) or something that spells a name or nickname is always going to be worth more that some random letters. 12 GUY was a nice plate.

I'm sure VNA 95 would be worth something, guess that's on your LR? Nice that it's still on it's original plate.

Some of the number plate sites have a "was it ever issued" search function which is handy for telling you if the plate **might** be available. Then I think the RAC site might tell you if it is currently on a specific vehicle. This can help to eliminate potential choices. The best way to get a plate is to get it stright from the DVLA Auction and not from any of the "traders". You might have to keep bugging the DVLA for some time to get your plate included. I bought my plate MBC 230K for around £400 all told including the transfer fee. I later put in for LEN 1N (russian connection) but that went for around £3.5k so I didn't get it. Co-incidentally PUT 1N went for silly money.
My 2c
Les

There are always exceptions I guess. Any combination of letters with a vowel in the middle (except I) or something that spells a name or nickname is always going to be worth more that some random letters. 12 GUY was a nice plate.

I'm sure VNA 95 would be worth something, guess that's on your LR? Nice that it's still on it's original plate.

The Landy has History Too, My father bought it in 1957 for the Farm and then gave it as his part of the British Olympic Bobsleigh team for towing the Bobs. It towed the Olympic Gold medal winning Bob for Nash and Dixon and the twice commenwealth gold medals for My father and Tony Nash.....who are still the Reigning champions!

It was kept by the team organiser until recently when he gave it to me as he wanted it to go back home:rock:

The Landy has History Too, My father bought it in 1957 for the Farm and then gave it as his part of the British Olympic Bobsleigh team for towing the Bobs. It towed the Olympic Gold medal winning Bob for Nash and Dixon and the twice commenwealth gold medals for My father and Tony Nash.....who are still the Reigning champions!

It was kept by the team organiser until recently when he gave it to me as he wanted it to go back home:rock:

Excellent to know stuff like that, impressive stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom