Seat adjustment problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianturner

Hi I have just bought a 190E and am a bit (make that a lot!) confused about the seat adjustment.

The gizmo that really has me stumped is the 'D' shaped pull up handle to the right of the drivers seat, which I understand is for height adjustment.

But I'm not quite sure what you are supposed to do after you have pulled up this handle.

Could someone please explain in graphic detail.

many thanks if you can help

also how do I post a photo of my car on this forum?

If you're sat in the seat and you pull on it, one of two things will happen:

1) Nothing! - This is because the seat is already at its lowest setting.

2) The seat will drop lower.

To adjust you have to hover your rear above the seat and then pull the handle to allow the seat to meet you.

TTFN,

Tigger

:D

Hi Tigger
Thanks for replying but even when I'm hovering the seat dosen't move.

The interior is immaculate and looks extremely well cared for, so I don't think that the mecanism is knackered.

So no joy so far but thanks anyway

I'm not too sure Tigger is right on this one.

On mine I have to pull the leaver and whilst sitting, try and push the seat backwards to lower or pull seat forward to raise it. It does require some pressure to get it to move ;)

Nice one Sp!ke!

Hi Sp!ke

That tip did the business! pulled up the'D' shaped handle on the right of the seat, then slide foreward to raise and backwards to lower.

Then 'D' shaped handle in front of seat to re-adjust for length.

Can you help me with this one? Jacking points
How do you remove the blanked over jacking point caps? do you just pull them off from the outside of the sill or is there an approved method?

pull em off with the plastic screwdriver type thing in the tool kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom