Seat back pocket DIY repair, CLS and others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillbillybenz

Car
Cls 320 cdi
Hi all, after finding a few hints on carrying out this repair I though I would take a few pics as I went to help others. As Im usually useless at diy stuff like this I figured this thread would give others like me confidence to carry out what is a very simple job to rectify what must be a common issue. Both seats in my CLS where damaged the same way.
This below is the damage to the top clip retaining the pocket

Remove two screws under with hex bit

Seat back will then slide down after removing adjuster handle below 2nd pic

Again held in place with hex screw behind rubber grommet

I used a self tapping 8mm head screw that had a built in washer, I screwed this into the back of the broken plastic rivet

Rebuild in reverse and job done!

Not an epic win but for a man who usually works with big hammers and trowels it made my weekend and prob saved me a few quid on replacement bits

Excellent, the best type of repair, cheap and simple.

Well done thanks for sharing, it's given me an insight into how I might be able to remove the rear covers on my car.

Thank you kindly, one for me to do next weekend on the SClass which has got the same problem.

Sb

Repair

Thank you for your tuto :thumb:. I had the same problem on my CLS with the driver's seat (LHD). I followed yours instructions and I got a good result.I don't need to change this part that very difficult to find it in second hand color Amororot.

Did the same myself thanks for the post.

Don't you just hate it when an obviously once very useful post has been destroyed by the disappearance of someones hard work in taking instructional photos...

I saved them but on an old laptop, going to see if they are still there and re upload! Also off topic but 5-0 to England at half time in the World Cup, how about that!

...Also off topic but 5-0 to England at half time in the World Cup, how about that!

World Cup? Know nothing about it, the French F1 doesn't start for another hour, that's the only sport on today that I'm aware of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom