Seat base

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedyvito

Car
Mercedes Vito Campervan
Hi, am a newbie on here.
I have purchased a Mercedes Vito Campervan 112cdi model 2002.
I have a double front passenger seat which I would like to get rid of it and change it to a single seat. I have now bought the seat. I am a novice and would like to get a single seat base, i have looked everywhere online to no avail. can anyone put me in the right direction.
ie can you buy a 2004 seat base and put it in 2002 model? Welding would seem to be a last option.
Thanks

With yours being a 638 I'm not sure that a 639 base will fit tbh. Have you been to your local Mercedes commercial dealers?? I'm guessing that a single base for yours would be around the £100 mark that would be the best option if your struggling.

Sent from my knackered S4, so im Struggling to read owt, using MBClub UK

They do crop up on Ebay and there are breakers around but the other option may be to alter the existing……….someone very recently posted how they had split the existing twin and (I think) riveted it back together in the new configuration and the only welding was a small triangular corner piece. Can't remember if that was the w638 or w639 though.

Normally see 639 knocking around but I can't say I've seen any from a 638 myself.. Sometimes u just have to bite the bullet and go new! Unfortunately

Sent from my knackered S4, so im Struggling to read owt, using MBClub UK

There loads on ebay at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom