Seat Belt Nag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually , i've just had an idea ...

Find where the warning buzzer is and cut the wires going to it , job done. :)

Its used for lots of warnings, so dont do that. (lights on, keys in car (if enabled), brake on when driving, etc)

R

There is another point to remember, the seat belt warning is part of the Euro-NCAP assesement and thus the safety rating, and thus the insurance grouping - so it is possible that an insurance company would argue that you've made your vehicle less safe and not cover you just when you needed it. I guess the answer is to tell the insurance company (or just ask)

R

When I had my cluster coded to take account of the Comand retrofit I looked at the Star display as it was being done and saw a few options for the seat belt warning (Japan springs to mind, but there were others). It may be that one of the options comes without the buzzer.

We need a Star owner to search through them and post the result. Even then you may find it very difficult to get someone to do it for you for the reasons posted here.

When I had my cluster coded to take account of the Comand retrofit I looked at the Star display as it was being done and saw a few options for the seat belt warning (Japan springs to mind, but there were others). It may be that one of the options comes without the buzzer.

We need a Star owner to search through them and post the result. Even then you may find it very difficult to get someone to do it for you for the reasons posted here.

As someone said above, it can be done. It is also possible to code other things out like seat occupancy sensors, passenger airbags etc.
For legal liability reasons I decline this work as does anyone else I know who can do it.

When you go to do it on the Star machine, it prompts you that the customer must sign a disclaimer/authorisation note. I think it even prints it out for you, but I don't have a printer hooked up to mine. Because of this I see no reason that the dealer should refuse, even though I agree with most of the other posters on the moral issue.

Just a thought have you just tried pressing the red release button on the seat belt, shuts off the nagging on my 55 plate mondeo.

What about plugging the seatbelt in but putting it behind the seat? This is what a friend used to do to stop the beeping! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom