Seat Belt - Release Buckle Paint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Please be nice. This is a pedant problem, but one for my OCD, that I would like to solve.

My (almost fully restored) W124 seat belt 'release' buckles, have all faded badly from their original nice bright red factory finish to a milky pink.

Can they be restored? Or is it a replacement with new job?

I am wondering if there is a cutting polish method or a paint (but suspect painting would chip and look worse).

Replacing them looks to be a faff with the seats being in the way at the front etc.

Any tips?

Years ago I'd have said maybe try a little 'Armour All' or something similar (obviously excercise caution, seat belts and all that!). Maybe a better modern alternative but it used to restore faded plastics for a while at least.

Last edited:
Mine are also faded, but the fading looks thorough enough to suggest that any surface polishing will be ineffective.

Are the seats so difficult to remove? Mine aren't electric, but were a doddle to remove, recently, when I wanted to re-do the lubrication on the adjusters.

Well the Gtechniq did not touch it. I'm not sure how bad the seats are to get out. I just wanted to avoid that, if possible. The less pulling about the less the risk of breaking something else ;^) I am not even sure if new parts are available from MB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom