Seat belt wet CLK Cab W208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordyB

The seatbelt on the passenger side keeps getting wet if it's left parked overnight in the rain. 99 w208 cabrio. Car was off the road over the winter and it didn't do it last year. Are there drain holes that may have become blocked? Maybe the seals somewhere on the passenger side are letting water past? It's not the whole belt, seems to be about 20 inches all inside the trim when the belt is not in use.

Any ideas?

Have you tried resealing the roof with MB hood sealant?(try to do it in september & march every year)

Hi,

Is that treatment for the whole roof or something to reseal the rubber seals around the windows? The hood doesn't leak anywhere, bone dry, but somehow if it's sat in the rain there is some water getting into the seatbelt mechanism - the part thats wet is inside the mechanism when not in use, coiled up.

Thanks

only for the mohair roof,sounds like it's letting water from somewhere else,good luck & let us now what it was when you solve it;)

Had a look at my CLK and the only place I can think that water is getting in is past the rubber window seal thats attached to the top of the rear wing.

Been keeping an eye on this and we haven't had a real downpour since my first post - hey presto the belts have dried out!!

Are there any drain holes in the sills or bottom of the doors that need clearing periodically?

Don't think so reason being that I would think water is not meant to run down inside the rear panel but I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom