Seat Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigcarpchaser

Car
SEAT Cupra 290
With the imminent arrive of my C63 I’m looking for some ideas on protecting the back of the passenger seat from the attention of the little fellas feet and the base of the rear seat from the wriggling car seat. (It’s an Isofix thing).
Anyone found any genius products that aren’t made of carbon fibre and cost £350?
Thanks chaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just take their shoes off each time.... but only typically do longer journeys so that works for me!

A trailer box?

Plan :)
The Mrs didn’t like my idea of bunjee strapping his legs to the car seat for some reason. I then suggested cable ties, that didn’t go down too well either.
Can’t think why?
Mothers...too protective over kids, no wonder the country is overpopulated by snowflakes.

I used something like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QQM6X20/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Loads of different variations with pockets/storage etc. Yes they may not be the prettiest, but a practical solution for minimal cost! :)

Saw those, not sure how they’ll fit as the seats don’t have the usual metal adjustable head rests.
Might order some and see, they can always go back.
The shoes off thing will be ok for a temporary solution lol

If your mrs didn’t like cable ties perhaps she could compromise.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Witness say “he looked like he was enjoying himself” lol
That is incredible though. It also highlights the general dumbing down of news reporting.
Witnesses say “he was holding on and looking down” no way Jose!!
I have a couple of minor issues with this method of transporting my son.
Firstly, I don’t really want roof bars spoiling the look of my car. Secondly, the fuel economy is going to be bad enough without the added wind resistance of a small child. Apart from that, I think Rory would rather enjoy it. He has a pair of swimming goggles so flies in eyes wouldn’t be an issue and I’d obviously make sure he was well wrapped up as it’s a bit mean just leaving him in his nappy :)

Thanks for the head up!!

Hi I've had a Diono Ultra Mat Seat Protector for about 3 years, and as a Grand Parent its a bit of a faff putting it in and out, but it did protect the Chilli Red/Black leather in my W205 C63, when using a Maxi Cosi Axissfix seat. It was £16.95 but Diono got good reviews at the time.

It's now a pretty permanent fixture in my BMW530d and seems to be doing a good job with the latest seat.

RR

Ordered :)
Thanks everyone. Might just use some matt film over the seat back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom