Seatbelt presenter / SAM issue?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by lordlee, Aug 30, 2018.

1. lordlee

lordlee Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
    Our A207's seatbelt presenter still isnt working. Fuses checked and fine, replaced the unit itself and still nothing. When we had the car in for a service the other day the guy said there was a rear SAM fault code that he removed which said a tail light was out - it wasn't. Could a rear SAM fault be where our issue lies? Its really annoying me now as its the only fault on the car!!

2. AndrewOl

AndrewOl Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GL420 X164
    Try changing the lamp(s) out first but use osram or some other quality lamp.

3. Petrolheed

Petrolheed Active Member

Car:
    SL500
    Fault codes for bulb failure can be stored or current and stored, did they say which, a current code can't be erased till the fault is rectified, a stored code can just simply be deleted. The seat belt pretensioner should read round about 2-3 ohms across the wiring plug pins after you isolate the "shorting bar", if it doesn't it's probably faulty or has been deployed. You can check out precise info on how to carry out this check via numerous youtube videos. I'm not familiar with your model of car, so, first I'd check on the net to see if there a fuse that controls your SRS components, and check any fuses first. On the other hand, maybe the dash light won't extinguish when you fasten the seat belt, this is a different thing altogether, and the problem most likely lies with the contacts inside the seat belt anchor, the part you lock the belt into. The contacts can be cleaned but you need to open it up to do that too. Hope this helps

lordlee likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    lordlee

lordlee Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
    They’re led units with less built in so there’s no changing bulbs :-(

5. Canny

Canny New Member

Car:
    E500 A207
    I did hv the same problem but only at the driver side. Do you got fixed?