Seatbelt warning light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jryans10

Car
Mercedes-Benz A140
Hi

I have a 2000 Mercedes A140 Classic and I've noticed that on my dash there is an outline of a man in a seat and a seatbelt which has never ever lit up. Just wondering, why has this never lit up before and what is it? I can only presume it's a warning light for someone not wearing a seatbelt.

Is the reason that it never lights up because it's not meant to, that my version is only a classic or there is a problem in the system? I've looked in the user manual and there's nothing about that light.

Thanks.

Hi

I have a 2000 Mercedes A140 Classic and I've noticed that on my dash there is an outline of a man in a seat and a seatbelt which has never ever lit up. Just wondering, why has this never lit up before and what is it? I can only presume it's a warning light for someone not wearing a seatbelt. Correct

Is the reason that it never lights up because it's not meant to, that my version is only a classic or there is a problem in the system? I've looked in the user manual and there's nothing about that light.

I do not think Mercedes would delete a warning light just because someone bought a lower specification model. more likely the bulb for the warning light has failed or the recognition sensor in the seat pad is faulty.

Thanks.

Does it light up if someone sits in the passenger seat and does not put the belt on?

Then either a wirng fault or the bulb has failed seems likely assuming it was ever fitted. Seems a bit mean of MB if not.

Coincidence!!

I pulled my cluster today to change a bulb, and noticed the same symbol. But it isn't used, not even referred to in the manual. Obviously for a different market.

Odd, my 2003 C class has it.

Works correctly on my A160 W168 facelift and on my A190 W168 pre-facelift. Looking at the manual, cluster described on page 102, number 5 is 'Seat belt warning light'. Can't check the manual for 2000 W168 (it's in Nassau), but almost certain it was shown in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom