Seatbelts in need of a good old wash!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NICKYB

Car
230 clk conv
The seat belts in my CLK are a very light grey colour, they look as though they could do with a damn good clean.....

whats the best way to go about this?

Sounds an easy job but to do it well i can see it being quite a lengthy process....any tips?

Cheers.

its not easy at all...

We use strong upholstery cleaner mixed in with washing powder (Daz) and very hot water.. then it needs some strong scrubbing... They are a pain..

I had hours of fun trying to clean a w203 Avangarde with the light grey/silver interior as the belts were really mucky. In the end I think that I used g101 and a scrubbing brush!

Just a thought...but could you pull them out, use a clip so they don't retract, then spray some all purpose cleaner, and then steam clean?

Hey NICKYB, I'm in the same position as you. Spent hours cleaning and polishing the outside today and was going to do inside tomorrow.

I have cream (beige) leather interior and seat belts and mine are almost black in parts.

I think it may be easier to remove them from the car to clean properly and then refit.

I like the sound of the steam cleaner.....a small hand held steam cleaner would do the trick!

Same issue here - light grey, I'm going to try the scrubbing and steaming at the weekend.

Are there any issues pulling the belts right out, don't want to knacker it in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom