seatbelts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clive9

Car
230 te
hi i have bought second hand seat belts but they r wound in and wont come out can they be fixed or not do any one know please

I reckon you need to get them at the right angle, as the inertia system will stop them from working if they are not correctly positioned!

HTH :D

clive9 said:
hi i have bought second hand seat belts but they r wound in and wont come out can they be fixed or not do any one know please

was that wise?

or do you know the history of them?

Have they been stressed (i.e. in an accident) or abused in any other way?

As Benz Commandr says, they will only work at a certain angle due to the internal mechanism.

I'm all for buying parts as cheap as possible but I'd seriously doubt the wisdom of buying second hand seat belts.

Andy

andy_k said:
was that wise?

or do you know the history of them?

Have they been stressed (i.e. in an accident) or abused in any other way?

As Benz Commandr says, they will only work at a certain angle due to the internal mechanism.

I'm all for buying parts as cheap as possible but I'd seriously doubt the wisdom of buying second hand seat belts.

Andy

I wholeheartedly agree. DONT FIT SECOND HAND SEAT BELTS. :crazy:

Your life is worth a lot more to you than the money for new ones mate.

I don't know the cost new to know if this is really penny pinching or not, and I see where the advice above is coming from, but seat belts aren't replaced after an accident though are they?

You would have to be a real ba****d to knowingly sell defective belts too!

An MOT check is a visual to the fabric and a quick tug to see if the inertia works.

GrahamC230K said:
I don't know the cost new to know if this is really penny pinching or not, and I see where the advice above is coming from, but seat belts aren't replaced after an accident though are they?

Yes seat belts should be changed after an accident of any significance.

Brian WH said:
Yes seat belts should be changed after an accident of any significance.

I never knew that. You learn something e...........

When my wife crashed our Corsa ( :crazy: ) and the little yellow tags popped up to indicate the pre tensioners had activated they did not replace the belts, and that was on a 6 month old car repaired by Vauxhall??

BenzComander said:
and that was on a 6 month old car repaired by Vauxhall??

Says it all mate. :D

They should have done, and the insurance would not have queried it.

thanks but i had them checked by a garage they are the rear facing seats to mke car a 7 seater

Last edited:
Save on parts, yes. But not brakes, tyres and seat belts. They're all you have on your side when the trouble starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom