SEC AMG For sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
The time has come to part with my beloved SEC. Work commitments and family circumstances have resulted in the car not being driven at all in the past year, and only 500 miles the year before so time it goes to someone that will treasure it as much as i have.

Open to serious offers.

Some basic info:
The car is a 1989 560 SEC. Its a full optioned car, every option from factory was ordered from new. even has electric heated memory orthopaedic air adjustable seats and the rear elecrtic blinds. Also a Limited slip diff!

The car has covered 104k, complete with full history but this is irrelevant as the engine/gearbox/suspension has had significant work carried out.

The car has a full genuine AMG kit, 3 piece AMG split rims, custom exhaust from manifolds.

The engine was stripped down and fully rebuilt using AMG cams, high lifters. Head machined and polished, bottom end reinforced. Engine was removed from car and built back on the bench and spent over a month getting done. all need leads/fuel distributor/ injectors etc. New water pump, radiators fans etc.

gearbox was rebuilt at the same time and a new Limited slip differential fitted at the back. All brake components renewed, brake lines etc.

The bodywork was carried out approx 4 years ago, engine out, windows out, INTERIOR REMOVED etc. New front and rear screen fitted, and new shelf under rear window fitted (suffer rot problem and they all need changing on the SEC), special order from MB germany! 8 Months to complete!

Interior spent 7 months at UKs top interior retrimmeres. Everthing from the springs in the seats to the roof lining was renewed. £8000 bills! Everything is leather or suede. Carpets are wool.

Custom speakers have been integrated into the front doors, look completely OEM.

If you're after an SEC you won't find one better, its had everything done and has won numerous show awards and magazine features.

You can buy average examples for £5-8k, the ones sub £5k are rotten, but if you want the best you'll spend alot more. Mechanically the engine/gearbox/diff etc have had the best part of £5-7k spent. The engine is spot on, holds 2 bar oil pressure when hot. The compression on the engine now is actually better than new.

not the cheapest by far but by far the best out there

img1564cs8.jpg

img1554ev6.jpg

img1890xk7.jpg

img1888jm5.jpg

img1886pm0.jpg

img1887ah2.jpg

My lovely interior:

img0260ty5.jpg

img1734gd7.jpg

img1753ef6.jpg

img1735xb4.jpg