SEC AMG Widebody

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gurd63

Car
G63 19, 190e AMG, C36/43, E55, Countach, RS Cosworth, S350, CLA45, SL55 F1, 997 Turbo, RRS SVR 19
Afternoon all,

just a quick question regarding the W126 SEC and the AMG Widebody version they did (for academic reasons of course;) )

I just wanted to know what the differences are between the version I and version II of the kit? I'm presuming the version II was for the facelift W126's?

Any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :thumb:

If you put SEC wide body in the search engine and goy to jaymanek's conversion.

Jay is our wide body expert.

hi yes I have looked through all of jays project, however his front bumper is kind of custom as he uses bits from both from what I am aware of. But I was just wondering what else was different. I have also pm'd, however, no response as of yet. Thanks

Is the facelift AMG front bumper the one with 'sideburns' or the ones which are smoothed into the bumper? Many thanks.

GEN 1

278173d1260313968-sec-amg-widebody-amg-wid_b4.jpg

GEN 2

Dscn2972s.jpg

GEN 2 again (Japan)

89y560sec-01.jpg

Another GEN 2 also in Japan

fullfront.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that, so the 'sideburns' which I referred to are a japan spec feature? thanks

Thanks very much for that, so the 'sideburns' which I referred to are a japan spec feature? thanks

Not particularly, do remember that these cars were built to order over a number of years and no two are exactly the same.

Some are mix and match, for instance the front spoiler on the Black Japan above looks very similar to the standard body version.

Japan also had some slightly different designs to German and America.

There is no absolute right or absolute wrong, just lots of bespoke stuff depending where the car was built, Stratton, AMG America, AMG Germany or AMG Japan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom