Sec coupe development video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Quite nice video at 480p on the development of the w126 SEC coupes. Alas in German of course. :( Can't remember if I have posted this before or not.:eek:
[YOUTUBE]MnRwrYIdzZ4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

That is the shortened version - I used to have a print of the full film on 16mm .

The sequence where Karl Kling was driving it on the test track was much longer and showed more 4 wheel drifts plus swerving wildly from lane to lane ; he then parked it on an uneven surface with diagonally opposite wheels on 'humps' and the other two down in holes , then demonstrated the doors opening and closing perfectly with no roof in place .

I also loved the bit where the gent parked it in the street to have a crowd form around it - I remember parking my Ponton outside the George Hotel in Edinburgh some years ago and returning a few minutes later to find a busload of German tourists crowding round it - one even asked me to name my price !

Last edited:
I remember parking my Ponton outside the George Hotel in Edinburgh some years ago and returning a few minutes later to find a busload of German tourists crowding round it - one even asked me to name my price !

Perhaps they weren't referring to the car...;)

Awesome, I understood all of that! didn't think I remembered that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom