SEC Gullwing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Saw this at MB world this weekend.....very rare....

IMG_1801_zps8te1ybip.jpg

Who built that, you'd need arms like a guerilla to reach the door from the driver's seat....

Most of these were built by Styling Garage (I think). I also think I've seen this car before but it wasn't this tidy last time I set eyes on it.

I used to see cars like this kicking about in Mayfair when I was doing my apprenticeship at the Connaught Hotel.
They all had Arabic plates on and it would've been 1984/85.

I had a good look over it at MB World, looked like the seats and trim had been painted white, the engine bay was to say the least a work in progress.

I had a good look over it at MB World, looked like the seats and trim had been painted white, the engine bay was to say the least a work in progress.

In that case it is the car I thought. When the current owner bought it he popped in to see me (this was some years ago) and I remember looking at the seats and back then it looked liked someone had painted them with some plimsoll whitening.

I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket wheels, especially on an SEC as I think the Pentas are the best, but I quite like those.

Revert to normal doors, get rid of the "Saab" tail lights centre extension and with no integrated spoiler, a genuine white or cream leather interior and standard rear bumper - I think I'd quite like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom